Chapter 11: I Love Him But I Can't Tell Him.

(Edited)

Natalya's Point of View.

I was in the lab helping Bruce set up some equipment. Tony had gone to change out of his suit. "You and Tony, you're good together." Bruce suddenly told me. I looked up at him and smiled slightly. 

"You think?" I asked, putting on my glasses, yes I wear glasses. 

"Yeah, I can see the way you look at each other, you can tell that you were meant to be." He explained. 

"I've never actually told him, that I...you know, that I love him." I admitted with a sigh. 

"Why?" Bruce asked, before I could reply though, Tony walked through the door. I looked up at him then back at Bruce. 

"I'll tell you later." I whispered. 

"Why do I get the feeling that you are talking about me?" Tony asked, peering at me. 

"Oh no of course not." I said, smirking. Tony shrugged and walked over to some monitors.

"Nat pass that over." Tony said, pointing at his phone, I grabbed it and gave it to him before attempting to walk away but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to him so I crashed into his chest. "You look very hot in those glasses by the way, geeky, it suits you." Tony told me, smirking. 

"Well thank you." I said, before kissing him on the lips. "Now back to work." I ordered. 

"Oooh feisty, I like it." Tony said smirking, I rolled my eyes and laughed at him before walking over to see if Bruce needed help. 

"So why is it you can't tell him how you feel?" Bruce whispered. 

"Because half the time I feel the he doesn't love me back and the other half feel like he might think it's to early to say it." I whispered back. 

"Well he acts like he loves you a lot." Bruce explained. I looked up a Tony, who was setting up some equipment. 

"Or he just really really cares for me." I retorted sadly, before walking away from Bruce.

"The gamma readings are definitely consistent with Selvig's report on the Tesseract. But it's gonna take weeks to process." Bruce explained. 

"If we bypass the mainframe and direct a reroute to the homer cluster, we can cluster this around 600 teraflops." Tony said, turning a virtual dile up to 600. 

"All I packed was a tooth brush." Bruce mused causing Tony smiled. 

"You know you should come by Stark tower sometime. Top ten floors all R&D." Tony explained. 

"You'll love it." I agreed, smiling at Bruce.

"Yeah it's candyland." Tony added.

"Thanks, but the last time I was in New York I kind of broke Harlem." Bruce said looking embarrassed. 

"Well I promise a stress free environment." Tony said, picking up a metal rod and walking over to Bruce. "No tension. No surprises." Tony said before poking Bruce with the tip of the metal rod and electrocuting him. 

"Ow!" Bruce exclaimed, grabbing his side. Tony looked closely at Bruce. 

"Nothing?" Tony asked. 

"Hey!" Steve yelled walking into the Lab. 

"Jury's out." Tony called.

"Are you nuts?" Steve asked. 

"You really have a lid on it haven't you?" Tony asked, ignoring Cap and looking over at Bruce.

"What's your secret?" I asked. 

"Mellow jazz? Bongo drums? Huge bag of weed?" Tony asked causing me to laugh. 

"Is everything a joke to you?" Steve asked. 

"Funny things are." Tony replied. 

"Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship is not funny. No offense Doctor." Steve snapped. 

"No it's alright, I wouldn't have come if I couldn't handle pointy things." Bruce said. 

"You're tiptoeing big ma, You need to strut." Tony told Bruce with a smirk.

"And you need to focus on the problem, Mr Stark." Steve retorted. 

"You think we're not?" I asked, frowning at Steve. 

"Why did Fury call us in now? Why not before? What isn't he telling us? I can't do the equation unless I have all the variables." Tony bombarded Steve with all theses questions. 

"You think Fury is hiding something?" Steve questioned.

"He's a spy, Captain, He's the spy. His secrets have secrets." Tony explained. "It's bugging him and Nat, too, isn't it?" Tony asked, pointing at Bruce, then at me. I nodded. 

"Uh, I just want to finish my work here and..."

Doctor?" Steve asked, cutting Bruce off. 

"'A warm light for all mankind' Loki's jab at Fury bout the cube." Bruce said. 

"I heard it." Steve said nodding. 

"Well I think that was meant for you." Bruce explained, pointing at Tony. "Even if Barton didn't know about the tower, it as still all over the news." He added.

 "Stark tower? That big ugly..." Steve started but got a glare off Tony. "...Building in New York." Steve finished. 

"It's powered by an arc reactor, a self-sustaining energy source. That buliding will run its self for what, a year?" Bruce asked Tony who had just picked up a bag of blueberries.

 "That's just the prototype. I'm kind of the only name in clean energy right now." Tony bragged. I rolled my eyes. Tony then offered Bruce a blueberry, which he took, he then held the bag out to me. I chuckled lightly and took one. 

"So, why didn't they bring him in on The Tesseract project? I mean what are the doing in the energy business anyway?" Bruce asked, looking at Tony. 

"I should probably look into that once my decryption programmer finishes hacking into to S.H.I.E.L.D's mainframe." Tony said casually. 

"I'm sorry, did you say..."

"Jarvis has been running it since I hit the bridge. In a few hours we will know every dirty secret SHIELD has ever tried to hide." Tony said, proudly. "Blueberry?" He then offered, holding the bag out to Steve. 

"Yet you're confused about why they didn't want you around?" Steve asked, confused. 

"An intelligence organisation that fears intelligence? Hysterically not possible." Tony told him. 

"I think Loki is trying to wind us up, this man means to start a war and if we don't stay focused he'll succeed. We have orders, we should follow them." Steve said. 

"Following's not really my style." Tony said. 

"And you're all about style aren't you?" Steve asked smirking. 

"Of the people in this room who is A: wearing a spangly outfit and B: not of use?" Tony asked, sarcastically. 

"Steve tell me none of this smell a little funky to you?" Bruce asked. Steve thought about it for a minute. 

"Just find the cube" Steve ordered before leaving the room. Well there was no convincing him.

Hope you enjoyed this Chapter!! Please vote and comment!!! Loves ya!!