Chapter 28--Angsty Teen Books People Seem To Love

Harper

We skipped dance Saturday morning. The Misfits already knew I wasn't going to class. I had given a heads up that I was supposed to go to the cabin. Logan simply asked Mikala to take over because he wasn't 'feeling well.'

Logan decided to make breakfast. Or at least, he tried. While I made the coffee and moved around his kitchen, I would catch him looking over his shoulder at me. His smile soft and content, eyes shining almost as brightly as his lip ring. It would make my heart clench and my own smile to take over. Not only would I catch him often, but he would quickly look away. It's adorable.

"Thank you," I say as Logan places our breakfast on the counter. He smiles, sitting beside me. Neither of us talk as we dig into the scrambled eggs and Eggo waffles. To say we have an appetite is the least.

I catch Logan staring at me again. This time he doesn't look away, so I hesitantly smile, "What?'

He looks down at his food, his own smile spreading on his face. His hair is wild and sticking in all sorts of directions. Voice gruff from his lack of talking. But it's the smile—a genuine happy smile—that makes me feel warm inside.

"Nothing," Logan shrugs trying to cover up his lips by biting his ring. He's looking at me through the corner of his eye. "I honestly still can't believe you're here."

My heart starts beating harder. I look down at my food and smile to myself. A part of me still can't believe it either. Yet, I've never been happier to be here.

I look up at Logan who's still staring at me. I move out of my chair, onto his lap where I secure my arms around his neck as his wrap around me. He leans his head back to look up at me. I move my lips down to his, placing a few kisses.

God, I can't get enough. It's addicting—honestly. Being around Logan is intoxicating but when we're touching or kissing it's electric.

He opens his eyes when I pull away. The dark blue that looks like the pit of the ocean. I want him to look at me like this every day. I want us to be like this every day. It feels so good. I didn't ever think I could feel this way about anyone else. In the back of my mind, I start to wonder if I ever felt this way about Vincent.

"What do you want to do today?" I ask softly, brushing my finger on his jaw line.

Logan shrugs, "I don't have plans. Do you have anything in mind?"

Well, I think to myself. I'm supposed to be at a cabin.

"Not really," I smile. "As long as it's with you."

Logan looks away—a childish smile taking over. His hand rubs small circles on my back as he seems lost in thought. I reach over for some waffle while he thinks it through. Tossing a small piece of the breakfast to Sur who's patiently waiting at our feet.

Logan finally perks up, "I've got an idea."

"Yeah?" I bite into the waffle.

Lo smirks, excitement clear in his eyes. "Have you seen my new car?"

************

After breakfast, Logan said he could let me borrow some clothes. Instead of using my shirt from last night, I use one of Logan's many sweatshirts and make a mental note to stop by my dorm to grab some clean underwear too. While I got dressed, I heard him placing a call on his phone. When he finally hung up, he quickly threw on his own Game of Thrones shirt and a pair of sweats. Grabbing Sur's leash and clipping it to him.

Logan smiles at me, grabbing a beanie just as we're about to walk out of his apartment. He seems really excited. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because of his new car—which he won't tell me anything about. Or maybe it's because of the surprise plans he has for us.