Chapter 13--Turning Alright

Harper

"I think the answer is carbon dioxide but if you say it's hydroxide," Beth shrugs while scribbling down in her notebook. "I suck at chemistry I'm going off of what you all think."

"Penny help Beth so I can ask a physics question," Johnny mutters.

"The answer is thirteen meters per second," Vincent insists at Johnny. "Believe me."

The gang and I are all hanging out in Vincent and Johnny's dorm. We're trying to have a study group between us but because Beth and I are still freshman, some of our classes don't coincide with the rest. Penny—who's a mini genius—is acting as the encyclopedia in our group.

"It's thirteen meters per second Sweetie," Penny gently puts her hand on Johnny's arm. Vincent looks down at me, his face deadpan and annoyed. I can't help laughing softly at his expression.

I wedge myself closer into his side and glance at my chemistry notes. Funny how they made so much sense in class and now they look like random numbers and letters. I stare down at some of the letters and frown at one of the elements. 10W or I guess in chemistry terms that's Tungsten. But like...what honestly is Tungsten?

My mind wanders off thinking of Logan. I definitely shouldn't have gone over last night. Not only did I make a fool of myself I started to assume things that I don't even know. First off, sure I have no idea who that girl was but it doesn't mean I have to know. Whatever is Logan's business is his business.

But even so...he never mentioned having a girlfriend.

Stop it Ross, I think to myself. It doesn't matter whether he mentioned it or not.

"Alright Princess," Vincent snaps me out of it quickly. He pats my butt lightly signaling for me to stand up. I grab my stuff and move off of Vincent as he gets up and walks towards his closet. "I have to head to practice, I'll see you all later."

Everyone in the room musters a few waves and grumbles of goodbyes. Vincent grabs his soccer duffel bag while I put everything back into my backpack. "I'll walk you," I say to him causing a smile to spread on his face.

"You sure you don't need to study the elemental construction of glucose?" Vincent asks making an agonizing groan escape my lips. He laughs and takes my hand in his as I carefully maneuver my way through everyone's papers.

"Later guys," I wave at my friends.

"Bye Harper," They all chorus without bothering to look at me. We close the door behind us and I wrap my arm around Vincent's waist.

"What do you planned for this weekend?" Vincent asks me as we descend in the elevator.

I think for a moment, then shrug. "I think Lo will probably want to watch Game of Thrones but other than work I have nothing going on," I answer honestly. Lying is something neither Vincent or I ever do. Sure, we keep secrets but our secrets are like surprise birthday parties or Christmas presents.

"Awesome," Vincent smiles brightly. "I was thinking date night."

"Where at?" I ask as we start walking on campus towards the soccer fields.

Vincent shrugs, "Wherever you want Princess."

"Double date night or just one date night?" I raise my eyebrow at him. Vincent loves double date night. It's when one of us picks the venue the first night and the other gets to choose on the second night. In high school that typically meant Vincent would challenge me to play against him at the soccer fields. Then on my night I'd try to take us to the lake or anywhere else.