Chapter 15--The Matching Black Widow Sibilings

Harper

The little kids are amazing. I love teaching children. They're always so energetic and filled with innocence and love. It's so strange looking at a child and realizing how much they have left to look forward to in life. Even these small kids that are dancing, some of them are going to drop out but they're going to lead bigger and better lives.

They're also super excited for the recital. I cannot wait to see them all dancing on stage along to the Grinch. Tina has already started to help with their costumes. A lot of moms are very involved and have donated supplies for the set as well.

Once the class finishes, I realize there are only a few minutes until Logan's lesson. Tina gives me a smile and tells me to enjoy the rest of my day. I walk over to the handle bar and place my leg on it. I stretch out, waiting for the Misfits to arrive.

The stereo in the corner is playing the music from my phone. It changes to the ballet music I used to dance to at my old studio. When I'm finished stretching, I grab my pointe shoes and practice dancing en pointe which for all you non-ballet people, it basically means I'm just continuously standing on my toes. I turn and step. Turn and step.

In the middle of my dancing, I hear the door open. The bell overhead goes off and I turn around to see the Misfits arrive. "Harper!" Dan shouts loudly quickly catching my attention. "If I were straight, you'd sleep with me, right?"

"You're not my type," I shrug it off casually but Dan looks like I just slapped him across the face. "Sorry Dan."

"But if you were into girls," Kris looks at me suggestively. "You'd sleep with me, right?"

I open my mouth to disagree but then I shake my head. "Yeah I'd do Kris."

"Ha!" Kris points her finger triumphantly in Dan's direction. "You owe me ten bucks."

"This is bullshit," Dan mutters to himself as he reaches into his backpack to pull out his wallet.

Mikala rolls her eyes and lets them land on me. With an annoyed expression she says, "Whenever they ask you dumbass questions like that, don't bother answering. One of them is bound to win money."

Logan strolls into the studio a few minutes later. He gives me a quick and hesitant smile before letting his eyes fall onto the Misfits. I instantly feel a small pang of hurt but tell myself it's probably nothing. "Did you get your costume for Halloween yet?" Dan asks Logan instantly.

"Yeah," Logan puts his backpack down in the corner with the rest of our stuff. As he stretches his arms he says, "And I ordered Sur's costume so that'll come in relatively soon."

"I got my makeup," Mikala grins down as she touches her toes. "Now I'm just waiting for the actual costume to arrive."

While they all start to talk about Halloween, I feel like the oddball out. I mean...I don't expect to feel any different. It was my choice to choose Vincent over my dance squad. But he and our small gang want to go to Penny's party dressed up as something basic. They still haven't decided what but I've got my money on Mario Cart or the dwarves from Snow White.

"Isn't Halloween also Sur's Gotcha Day?" Kris asks.

Logan suddenly smiles brightly and again I feel like I've suddenly become invisible. "Yeah," Logan looks down at his feet as he takes a seat. With a hesitant voice he says, "My parents let me come home from school Halloween weekend because Veronica came home from college."

The Misfits and I all glanced at each other. Logan never mentions his parents. It's like listening to an anomaly. Sometimes he'll use the word 'family' but most of the time we don't hear him talk about anyone that's blood related to him. I think the most he's ever spoken to me about another Williamson is when he told me about Veronica.