Chapter 29

✖️ not edited ✖️

"Hello, my beautiful bride-to-be," Parker greets as I open the door to the palace, pecking my lips quickly.

Haiden stands behind Parker, making puking gestures.

"Hi," I smile lazily.

"Tired already? Mother, what have you done to her?" Parker chuckles, kissing my forehead and brushing past me to embrace Autumn.

"Nothing she couldn't handle, she's just being a baby," Autumn retorts.

Parker examines the black dress bag the gown resides in, attempting to peer inside.

"Ah, ah, ah," Autumn warns him, pulling the bag from his line of sight. "Bad luck." She tsks.

"But I wanna see," Parker whines.

"You can see it when you get married to this girl," Autumn points to me.

"We don't even have a date for this thing," I acknowledge.

"Thing?" Autumn guffaws. "This thing is quite possibly the most momentous occasion of the century!"

"You keep telling yourself that," I salute to her before hugging Haiden.

"Missed you, kiddo," he hugs me back.

"Missed you too," I mumble, sighing into his chest.

Haiden pulls away and smooths my hair with his hand.

"Is that Dad's old shirt?" Haiden inquires, amusement evident in his tone.

"Yeah," I admit, looking down at the shirt.

Haiden smiles softly in pity before pulling me into another tight squeeze.

"Love you," he mumbles.

"Love you too," I reply, breathing in contently.

Haiden releases me and gives Parker a glare before heading back into the depths of the house.

"Why does he hate me so much?" Parker whispers under his breath, genuinely concerned.

Autumn and I laugh.

"I'll take this upstairs and put it in my closet so Mister Nosy doesn't try to sneak a glance at it," Autumn reports, tossing an accusing glance at Parker. She trots up the stairs and closes her door, leaving Parker and I to our own devices.

"What should we do?" I yawn.

"You should probably sleep," Parker points out.

"I'm fine," I wave it off.

"Go to bed," Parker orders.

"Parker, it is seven o' clock, I'm not going to bed." I protest.

"You're obviously tired, Hadley. Just go to bed." Parker commands, pointing to our room.

"No." I complain.

"Too bad," Parker shrugs, grabbing my hand and tugging me to our bedroom.

"Noooo," I whine.

"You're going to sleep." Parker says firmly.

"But I don't wanna," I grumble.

"But I don't care," Parker mocks, sitting me on the bed. "Now, shorts and a t-shirt or sweatpants and a sweatshirt?"

"Sweatpants and sweatshirt," I utter grumpily.

Parker rummages around in the closet before whipping my sweatpants and a sweatshirt at me.

"Put them on."

"No." I defy.

"Too bad, I'll do it for you." He smirks.

"Absolutely not, go away." I push his chest.

"You're no fun," he pouts.

"That's unfortunate. Now go make a sandwich or something. You look hungry," I blurt.

"I look hungry?" Parker asks.

"Yes, now go get food before you look hangry." I retort.

"I'm not getting food -" Parker starts, only to be cut off by me.

"Yes you are, fucker. Shoo, shoo." I wave him out of the room, his face frozen in confusion and amusement. I slam the door in his hungry face and stomp over to the bed, flopping myself onto the comforter. I groan in agony when I realize if Parker comes back in here and I'm not dressed for bed, he will actually do it for me. Which is not happening. I quickly undress and throw on the designated PJ's and slide under the comforter, snuggling into the sheets. A knock on the door sounds before Parker waltzes in, carrying two sandwiches in hand.

"I don't know if I actually looked hungry or not, but to be safe, I got two." He explains, holding the snacks in his hand.

"Aw, you made one for me?" I ask. "So sweet."

"No," Parker frowns, obviously distressed and disgusted at my comment. "These are both for me."

"I'm offended." I mumble half heartedly.

"And I'm hungry." Parker shrugs, sliding in next to me. He bites into one of the sandwiches and a series of crumbs follow the chomp. "Damn it," he mutters, flicking the crumbs off the bed.

"I was gonna eat those," I pout.

"Go to sleep, Hadley." Parker orders, his mouth full of sandwich.

"But I don't wanna," I whine once again.

"Tomorrow we're doing more wedding stuff," he warns me.

"Well, hell." I grumble.

"Go to sleep, Hadley." Parker repeats.

"Fine," I mumble, flipping onto my side. "But we better be able to eat some good fucking chocolate cake tomorrow."

--

Shitty chapter, I know. Just a filler, I know. I'm sorry. And what did you guys think of Nick & Jo, if you read it? I think I'm going to keep writing that one since I'm already working on the second chapter of it. I decided to keep writing this book and just finish it up quickly for you guys. Hope you all enjoyed your holidays!