Chapter 30

✖️not edited✖️

1 month later...

Holy. Fuckin. Shitballs.

Parker Holland, dare I say, looks hot as all hell.

Perks of dating me: You'll always be the attractive one.

Holyshitholyshitholyshitholyshitholyshit.

I'm gonna hyperventilate. I'm not even kidding, this is too much for me to handle.

But let me start from the beginning of the best day of my life.

Kayla stands behind me, curling my hair into wavy strands and pulling them into a bun, while Luna stands in front of me, brushing everything known to Sephora across my face.

"I'm done!" Kayla announces triumphantly, spitting extra bobby pins from her mouth and throwing down the brush. "Beat that, shitstain," she gloats to Luna.

Luna only grumbles in response, wiping mascara across my eyelashes as a final touch. "At least my work doesn't look like a shitstain."

"Yeah, the one with the shitstain-looking hair is definitely not sitting here," I grunt in irritation, feeling the back of my head in assurance.

"I didn't actually mean it," Luna justifies, rolling her eyes in annoyance. "I just had to get back at her."

"By freaking the bride out?" Autumn interrupts from the doorway.

"I didn't mean to!" Luna protests once again.

"Too late," I mumble, examining myself in the mirror.

I actually don't look as rat-tastic as I usually do, so I mean, this is a bonus. "This doesn't look half bad," I comment to the girls. They send me scorching glares in return and turn to strike up a conversation with Autumn. In the meantime, I proceed to spin in my chair, staring at the ceiling as the nausea takes over.

"Hadley," Autumn calls out, drawing me out of my thoughts. "We have to stay punctual, here," she reminds me.

"Yes, I know," I reply sardonically.

"Your sarcasm isn't appreciated," Autumn comments thoughtfully. "However, you're supposed to be walking down the aisle in..." Autumn checks her itinerary schedule, scanning her eyes over something briefly. Her eyes widen and her cheeks drain slightly of color.

"Autumn?" I question. "What's wrong?"

This is my wedding day, and I swear to God, if somebody dies here, I will no longer have the will to eat bacon.

Autumn's eyes flick up to mine shyly, guiltily. "You were, uh...supposed to walk down the aisle five minutes ago." She rubs the back of her neck awkwardly, bouncing her red curls slightly.

"Autumn!" I exclaim.

Kayla and Luna's faces are both filled with either amusement or shock...I can't exactly tell which.

"What are we waiting for?!" Luna squeals.

"Get out there!" Kayla finishes.

They all push me out of the bedroom, fussing over my hair and makeup. At one point, Luna attempts to shove me back into the bedroom for a "touch-up". Haiden stands at the closed double doors, checking his watch repeatedly and tapping his foot nervously.

"There you are!" Haiden exclaims when he sees me. "I almost thought you chickened out."

"Still here, dumbass," I smack him upside the head. Haiden smiles dopily and holds his arm out, taking place of the father figure.

"You look great, by the way," he notes, pulling on the fabric of my dress a little. I can see his eyes water, but he quickly blinks the unshed tears away. "And if Parker doesn't realize that, you throw him to the curb immediately." Haiden sniffs.

I laugh softly, "What else would I do?"

Autumn speaks softly into the microphone of her speaker, "Open the doors, Wesley."

The grand doors open slowly, painstakingly slow. When they're open all the way, they reveal a small group of friends we picked to view the ceremony with us, with the paparazzi being outside with (basically) the rest of the country. In the front row sits Devin, James, and Sam, along with Adeline, Abbigail, and Talon. Abbigail has gained a few extra pounds, making her pregnancy slightly more noticeable, but not enough to grow a large amount of attention from the household. I don't even know if Archer has been informed on his sister's 'condition'.

Now I return to my previous statement: Parker Holland, dare I say, looks hot as all hell.

Parker, however, stands at the alter, completely oblivious to the opening of the doors. He talks animatedly with the priest, his hands making wild gestures in confusion. Archer noticed my entry quickly, and smiles a little before shaking his head softly. He taps Parker on the shoulder softly, pointing in my direction. Parker immediately stops talking and turns to face me, the baffled look on his face quickly replaced by admiration. Our eyes meet, and I'll admit, it's awkward as hell. But, Archer being Archer, shatters the silence by yelling across the room in his oh-so subtle way.

"It's just so like you to be late to your own wedding, Hadley!" Archer hollers, earning a humorous roar from the small crowd.

In return, I hold up my middle finger.

"Hadley!" Autumn shrieks, swatting my hand down as Haiden laughs hysterically beside me. "This is your wedding! Not a bar!"

"I've never been to a bar!" I cry. "It's illegal!"

"That's a lie," Haiden points out, continuing to walk me down the aisle.

"It is not!" I argue.

"What about that time you went out with Luna and Kayla?" Haiden's eyebrow raises mockingly.

"That was different - it was a pub," I correct him.

"There were alcoholic beverages," Haiden banters.

"There were some of those at our old house, too! That didn't make it a bar."

"Touché," Haiden finally resents. His arm slowly loosens from mine and he spins me around to face him, his hands on my shoulders. "I love you, Hadley, and I hate that Mom and Dad weren't here to see this, but..." Haiden trails off his sentence, his eyes quickly glancing over at Parker, who waits patiently for me at the alter. "They'd like him. I really think they'd like him." A tear trips down his stubble-ridden cheek.

"I'd hope so," I reply. "I mean, we're about to get married."

"They would," Haiden whispers assuringly. "Now go up there and get your man!" he orders gruffly, pointing towards Parker while shoving me towards him.

And, well -

I guess we got married.

~~~

yes, i'm back. perhaps an epilogue is in order?🤔 also very short, i'm sorry.