Chapter 3

EDITED. 4/4/18.

"Luna, wake up."

"Ungh," Luna groans. "Five more minutes."

"Sam's here."

Luna shoots out of the bed, her hair disheveled along with her make up, which is now smeared across my pillow.

"How do I look?" she asks frantically, trying desperately to smooth her hair down.

"Like you got hit by a train," I respond, throwing a brush at her. "At least fix your hair and wipe off that lipstick."

"I'm doing it all again!" Luna announces, rummaging through my drawers.

"Okay... We'll all be downstairs." I shut the door behind me and trot back downstairs where Haiden is glaring at Devin, who is squirming uncomfortably under the heat of his gaze.

"Leave him be," I snap at Haiden.

He turns to me and his face softens. "But he was gonna follow you," he whines.

"I know." I retort.

Haiden's face scrunched in disgust. "Nope. Not here. Don't even think about it, Ross." Haiden warns Devin.

Devin flushes and hurries into the living room. "Pick out a movie, Devin!" I call after him.

"If it's a porno, I swear to God—" Haiden mutters.

"Haiden," I warn with a slight edge to my voice.

He turns back to his lasagna quickly.

I smirk as I notice Sam looking around.

"She'll be down in a second," I assure him.

Sam stiffens but nods in response.

Before I leave, Haiden whispers to Sam. "Are you hitting on my sister, too?" he growls lowly.

"Haiden, go to your room!" I yell at him.

"I'm older than you! I can send everybody home and you can become Amish and I choose your husband!" Haiden counters.

"That's not how it works!" I argue.

"That's how I'm gonna make it work!" Haiden bickers.

I'm about to retort something when I see that everybody's staring at us. "... This is more normal than you'd believe," I whisper before scurrying into the living room.

Devin is kneeling on the ground in front of the TV, searching for a movie.

"Find one?" I ask.

"Huh? Oh, no," Devin replies.

I nod and purse my lips, sitting on the couch. "Probably because all of those movies are from the 1980s and were made before we were born," I muse.

Devin flushes and sits beside me.

"It's time like these why the world created Netflix," I smirk, tossing the remote to him.

He catches it and flips through the movies. "So why do you have so many old movies?" Devin ponders, still searching.

"They're my dad's," I reply casually.

"Where is he? Did you, like, kick him out so he didn't try to murder all of us?" Devin chuckles.

"Ha, yeah. Something like that," I mumble.

Devin gives me a questioning look before sighing. "That's not what it really is, is it?" he sighs.