Chapter 14

Everybody sits at the table in silence, quietly chewing on their burgers. Archer and Parker have started up a conversation on which bacon tastes the best, while Luna and Kayla pick at their salads nervously. Sam, James, Devin, Haiden, and I, are all exchanging glances within each other. Devin and Haiden look to me, then to Archer. I shrug in response. Sam glances at Luna, then at me, giving me a look that says Do something.

If only.

I shrug again.

James is the first of us to speak.

"Just who the fuck are you?" James growls, glaring daggers at Archer. Archer's eyes light up in amusement.

"I'm only visiting my best friend and his girlfriend." Archer sneers. I wince when he says 'girlfriend' in an accusing tone. Parker squeezes my hand assuringly, his eyes glued to Archer angrily.

"Archer, I think it's time you leave." Parker announces, noticing the deadpan glares from around the table.

"He shouldn't have been here in the first place." Haiden grumbles.

Archer glares at him.

"You'd better watch your mouth." Archer snarls. Haiden stands, his chair scraping against the floor.

"Or what?" he tests through gritted teeth. Archer stands as well, placing his palms on the table.

"Or your pure little sister won't be so pure anymore." Archer threatens.

Before Parker can react to me, I stand and slap Archer across the face, leaving a bright red mark on his cheek. He raises his hand for revenge, but it's caught from behind him.

"Don't you fucking touch her." Devin snaps, his hand still gripping Archer's wrist. Sam and James stand as well, their arms folded. Archer looks around the table, eyeing each and every one of us.

"Take Luna and Kayla home." I order Sam and James. They pout, but Devin gives them a glare. Sam sighs and takes Luna's hand. James does the same to Kayla before walking out the door.

"Haiden, go upstairs." I point to the stairs. Haiden whines.

"No." He retorts. "There is no way in hell that I'm leaving you down here with him."

"I won't be alone. Parker and Devin will be here." I assure him.

"That doesn't really help, considering he's been suspicious all day." Haiden scoffs.

"That's because he's worried of what you guys would think of him." I snap, defending Parker before the truth can get out. Haiden sighs and rubs his temples in decision.

"Fine. I'll give you five minutes, but if I hear anything I don't like, I'm coming back down." Haiden agrees.

"Watch out for that step!" I warn him as he scoots the chair away.

"Look, Hadley, I'm not that dumb - God dammit!" Haiden tumbles back down the stairs, landing with a thud. I chuckle silently to myself.

"Dumbass." Archer breathes. Haiden shoots him a look before standing up and brushing himself off.

"I'm seriously about to hit this guy with a baseball bat." Haiden points accusingly at Archer.

Archer chuckles.

"Do it." Archer rolls his eyes.

"If you insist, asshole," Haiden grins.

"Haiden." I growl before he goes to the garage to grab his baseball bat. Haiden sighs.

"But he told me to," Haiden justifies.

"I don't care. It's rude to hit guests with baseball bats." I reply sarcastically, pointing to the stairs. "Go."

"Ugh." He groans, stomping up the stairs. Once he's out of earshot, I turn to Archer.

"How did you even get here?" I ask, scrunching my brow.

"Carl took me." He shrugs. I turn to Parker, Devin's eyes glued to the back of my neck.

"Who the fuck is Carl?" I whisper.

"It's Archer and I's personal driver." He explains. I groan.

"So you have no way to get back." I conclude, folding my arms.

"Well, I could take the bus - "

"Okay, bye." Devin interrupts, motioning to the door.

"But that'd be rude, wouldn't it?" Archer smirks.

"But you're an asshole, so it doesn't count." I shoot back without missing a beat, batting my eyelashes and smiling innocently.

"Parker." Archer groans.

"Hadley and Devin are right, you need to go." Parker admits.

Archer shoots me a fiery glare. Devin laces his fingers with mine assuringly.

"So it's all about her now, isn't it?" Archer growls, grabbing my other wrist. I'm tugged away from Devin. Parker glares daggers at Archer while Devin is reaching for my hand again.

"Don't touch her." Parker growls, Devin reaching for my hand. Archer pulls me away from him, my hand just breaking from Devin's. I whimper slightly.

"Shut up." Archer hisses.

Parker lunges at Archer, catching him by surprise. Archer's grip on my wrist loosens, when Parker sends a blow right into Archer's gut. Devin pulls me away from Archer and pulls me into his chest. Archer doubles over in pain and covers his stomach with one arm.

After a while, he stands back up and glares at both me and Parker.

"So I was right," he smirks, talking to Parker. His face turns serious. "It's all about her now. I see how it is. Thirteen years of friendship isn't good enough for you."

With this, Archer saunters out the front door and rushes his cell phone from his pocket, dialing a number. Parker grabs ahold of one of my hands, intertwining his fingers with mine. Five minutes later, a black car pulls up along the curb, the windows tinted. I can only assume that it's Carl. Archer slides into the car. Before his door is shut completely, he sends one last scorching look through the window.

And up goes his middle finger.

~•~

Okay so your guys' support is absolutely incredible. You have absolutely no idea how much it means to me for you guys to have my back and be able to give me feedback on my chapters. This may be a little mushy, but I regret nothing. We just got over 900 reads and I am still peeing myself. You guys are absolutely amazing and don't you forget that❤️❤️❤️.

(PS, I just came out with a new story called Blame. You can find it on my profile.)

Bye lovelies😊