24.

I'm feeling myself tonight🤪🤪🤪

Elijah POV

I went back home once I knew Jaelynn was discharged. One of the top ten scariest nights for me. But the doctor was right she needs to be stress free from now on.

About to get something to drink... my phone rang. Not recognizing the number I was hesitant to answer it.

"Hello?".

"Elijah? It's Jillian Jaelynn's friend". Once realizing who it was I was more calm.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Okay so since I know jaelynn's been worked up with everything I wanted to know if you wanted to come with us to Aruba".

"Aruba?. And she's okay with me coming?" I asked cause I know this has to be some type of plan.

"No she doesn't know. Not for nothing I hate to see you guys like this. So what's a perfect retreat than a island that neither of you can get off of".

"Good point. When are you leaving?".

"I want to leave in two days. I'll give Jaelynn a day to relax".

This can be good.

"You can count me in. I'll come along".

"Really?!. Good I was hoping you would. Now listen you'll have to get your own flight as well. I'm not trying to let her see you before we get to Aruba".

"Understandable. Just let me know anything changes".

"Thank you so much for doing this!" With that she hung up the phone. I guess I should start packing for Aruba.

//

Once in Aruba I was soaking up the view. The water was a beautiful blue and the sun was out shining bright.

Jillian texted me that they just got to the hotel. Smiling to myself because my mission on this trip is that Jaelynn and I leave together.

And the best part no Alexis.

Making my way to their hotel. Jillian had texted me the room number before. Knocking on their door Jillian opened the door smiling "she's in there" pointing to the bathroom.

"Oh my god Jill this pregnancy is no joke I literally pee every minute" I head Jaelynn yell.

"Well hurry up!" Jillian giggled.

Jaelynn came out in a white maxi dress. She had her hair in box braids which made her look like a goddess.

"Oh hey Elijah what are you doing here?" Jaelynn asked confused. She adjusted her maxi dress and looked up at me.

"Don't kill him Jaelynn I invited him. Look at this vacation as a couples retreat".

"It's fine. I think we needed this anyway. Away from any outsiders" she smiled at me. I nodded "I agree".

We all left the hotel room and went onto the beach. Jaelynn was so memorized by view she just stood there and watched. The sun glistening against her skin was making her glow.

"Listen I just wanted to say I'm sorry. You were right this whole time" she looked up at me.

"What are you apologizing for?" I asked. We continued to walk to a spot where we can sit down. She took a seat at this table under a umbrella. Putting her shades on she turned to me "I had no right to be mad at you. It wasn't your fault to begin with".

I sat there across from her in silence.

"Alexis is the key person here causing problems in our relationship. Nevermind I would've dealt with her when I saw her push up on you but I'm pregnant".

"I don't want you worrying about Alexis Okay. She has what's coming to her anyway" I grabbed her hand and held onto it.

"Let's start fresh. It's beautiful here and I want to enjoy it as much as I can".

"I agree and I don't want you stressing about anything. If work is stressing you out please limit the clients you have. And if anyone is stressing you out let me know and I'll handle them, deal?".

She nodded "deal. I missed us. Or this pregnancy is making me very soft" she joked.

"How is my baby zahrie?" I looked at her tummy and smiled big.

"She's very active. Especially at night. Lord I can't get no sleep".

"It's cause she's missed her daddy... don't worry once we go home you are moving back in and giving up that condo".

"Let's relax... first let's see how it goes on this vacation and then we can make moves when we get home. And put up a electrical fence for Alexis too".

I laughed but looking at her she was dead serious. "Baby that'll cause a problem we can't put up an electrical fence. The wrong person will get hurt".

"Anyway I'm hungry I need food" I nodded and helped her up so we can get something to eat.

"Just one thing..." she stopped and looked up at me. "What?!".

"If we ever get into a fight or argument or even if you see something you don't like... please talk to me or ask me. Don't just leave me. We have a baby coming you can't just get up and leave. From now on we communicate even if we are upset".

"Okay... fine now can we go eat?" I grabbed her face and kissed her. Long overdue kiss I wanted to give her for a while now.  She smiled and leaned into me as we walked together.

Nothing can mess this up.