Tanner // Burned Out {2}

Rowan's POV

"Matt, this is Rowan," Tanner said, stepping aside so he could see me. "she's the one I've been talking about."

"Ah! Rowan, the one I've heard so much about." Matt smiled. He got up and gestured his hand towards me. I shook his hand and then sat down at the table. We had walked to the blue base because that was where Matt was. "It's nice to finally meet you."

"Nice to meet you too." I smiled.

"So Tanner said you're interested in the job opening?" Matt said, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah. Actually, he wanted me to work here because I was so unhappy with my last job." I said, sending Tanner a pointed look.

"Well, I'm glad you considered working here. From what Tanner said, I believe you are a perfect fit. You've worked with computers and you've gone to film school, correct?" Matt asked.

"I have a lot of experience with technology in general. And yes, I have gone to film school." I smiled.

"I actually went to film school as well." Matt smiled. "I have a few documents you need to sign saying that you don't mind being recorded and that you accept the rules at Hi5 Studios and all that stuff."

"Wait, does that mean I got the job?" I asked.

"Yeah. I believe you're the perfect fit for this community and you have a great vibe that will work well with our other employee's." Matt said.

"Oh my goodness! Thank you so much!" I exclaimed.

"Welcome to the family." Matt laughed.

Matt walked out of the room, probably to grab the documents he was talking about. I turned towards Tanner with a wide smile on my face. Tanner got up and hugged me.

"Thank you so much, Tanner." I smiled up at him.

"No problem. I just want to see you happy." Tanner smiled back. He leaned down and gave me a chaste kiss.

We pulled apart as Matt walked back into the room.

"Alright, just sign here and you'll start tomorrow."

//

I woke up to a warmth I haven't felt for a week. I look over to see Tanner resting beside me. I smiled as I got up. I look at the clock to find it's 6:25. Five minutes before the alarm goes off. 

I got up and walked to my dresser. I pulled out a pair of light blue jeans, a Dodie crop top, and a black sweater. I walked towards the bathroom and got ready. I put on the clothes I picked out and decided on some light makeup. I applied a thin layer of BB cream, some mascara, and some dark nude lipstick.