An Apology And Update In One (YAY)

My apologies for not updating. I would make an excuse but the reality is I have been suffering from sleep paralysis for the past couple of months and every night I woke up paralysed. I was getting really sleep deprived and irritable, and I didn't want it to effect my work. BTS deserve better than that. OK. Moving on.

Steve woke up, and went to stretch only to find that his left arm wouldn't move. Not remembering the events of the previous day just yet, he turned to see the teenage boy who crept into his bed last night was laying on it, sleeping peacefully. However, he had had several other visitors throughout the night.

The youngest, Jungkook, was laid next to Jimin, holding his hyung's small hand in his larger one. He occasionally whimpered from pressure on his bandages, and some blood had leaked onto the sheets, but Steve couldn't find it in him to get mad, or even mildly irritated, at the scene in front of him. Behind Jungkook was Taehyung, gripping onto his only dongsaeng with surprising strength in his sleep. The boy was careful of minding the maknae's worst injuries, but latched onto him like a leech. Being forced to witness your friends being hurt in such a way would inevitably form an immediate distrust in anyone around them, so Steve was happy that the boy felt like he could trust him.

On the floor, in a nest of blankets, laid Hoseok, Seokjin, Namjoon and Yoongi. Hoseok was snuggled into Seokjin's side, the older man's hand loosely entangled in the boys long brown hair, which, Steve made a mental note, would need to be cut soon. Seokjin's bloodied bandages on his feet were dirty, showing how little he cared for any potential infection. Yoongi was fast asleep on top of Namjoon's chest. He was snoozing soundly, his arms and legs being splayed around the younger man's skinny torso. Being forced into isolation so many times would probably mean he was touch-starved, Steve concluded, and would therefore still be clingy as hell to any of his bandmates in the immediate vicinity.

In fact, Steve realised, they were all probably very touch-starved at the moment, as it was the first time they were all in such close proximity with the freedom to touch each other in three or so years.

With that, feeling honoured that they trusted him, Steve pulled Jimin closer into his arms, closed his eyes, and fell asleep again.

AGH filler chapters fluffy enough to give y'all cavities. Brush your teeth after this!

I'm also thinking of doing a fanfic loosely based on Sweet Torture by logophobia on Archive Of Our Own. I'm just disclaiming that so that no one gets on my back about any similarities.