Chapter 13

Tiana Smith

"Are you sure you wanna go? You really don't have to if you don't want to..." I sit on the edge of the bed as Richard packs his bag for the away practice.

"One of the most important games of the season is coming up meaning I have to get in as much practice as possible. You seen my other pair of basketball shorts?" I get up and open my drawer and hand them to him.

"I'm just saying you haven't gave yourself enough time and what if it kicks in while at practice and you start thinking irrational and I wouldn't be there to calm you down or cheer you up..." I grab his hand and tug for him to look at me. "Are you hearing me bae?"

He nods and turns fully toward me. "I won't think about it unless I feel as if I'm not giving my full potential and you can still come with me so I can have my baby there rooting me on." He wraps his hands around my waist and puts his head on my shoulder. 

"I wish and you know it but coach being fugazzy as shit and is making me take care of the annual college bake sale to raise money for disable children. Its not the fact that I'm doing the fundraiser but more so the fact that he moved my position from just a regular distributor to handling decorations, money count at the end of each day  and some other task that are meant for multiple people. I have two test this week plus a couple quizzes and lets not forget working out and making sure I still have time for my friends. We're just busy." I rub his head as we just kind of sway.

"I wish I had you all to myself but I will in two weeks for the mini break. Sadly you will be my back bone the second week of that mini break...Gone see your man break down, looking weak and shit." I pull his head away and shake my head.

"Its that what you think? That I will think you're weak? Baby, I have been your backbone since day 1 like you have been mine. Every year on that same day,  you are there for me no matter the obligation and now I have a day to do the same. You will cry just like every person does when they lose someone of such greatness in their life and I will be there through every phase when the day actually comes."

"What phases do you mean?" 

"Well you went through denial a few days after the news, and then there will be anger and depression which will be the hardest to get through but once we do there is the best part right after: acceptance. I just want to make sure if you ever feel like its becoming overwhelming you call me immediately, do you understand?"

"Yes bae I know. You got my back, you got mine." He smiles and bends down to kiss me. I break the kiss and grab his other bag so we can pack them in the car. We get to the car and throw the stuff in shutting the door. I feel myself getting emotional knowing how long he will be gone. Two weeks is long for us seeing as though he will be in a different state. Every year I usually go with him, getting lecture notes and homework from my peers but the fundraiser and other responsibilities were to hefty to leave this year. I grab his shirt and pull him into a hug and lay on his chest. Im in the most ratchet attire with my sweatpants, tank top and my Stompeez. Putting his hand on the small of my back we sway in silence. What am I going to do without my baby boy?

"Bae I really gotta go. I will call you when I get on the bus. First I will drop my car off at campus and then I will call you. At the hotel i will facetime you okay? Bae you gotta stay strong. Two weeks my little solider." I wipe my tear and nod kissing his shoulder. He brings his lips to mine and makes me feel like this is our last kiss and I pray not. I grab him by the back of the neck while his hands slide down. We break apart and he kisses my forehead. Breaking our embrace, I hug myself as he gets into the car. He begins to back out. I watch the car until he is out of sight. Walking back into his house, I instantly put on Netflix and cuddle in his bed with his hoodie on.

Fifteen minutes into it, I'm on the verge of a deep sleep until I hear my phone. I slowly pat for it into I come into contact with the cold phone.

"Hello." I say into the phone all groggy like. More than likely its bae who has seen me at my worst. Morning breath people...

"I didn't mean it I swearrr I I I dddidn't it. Whaatt ddo I doo?" the voice shocks me and I sit up.

"Alexis?" 

____________________________________________________________________________________

Yeah uhh Hey?

So its quite okay if you guys want to kill me.

Not only is it short but its 3 months overdue.

Pitch forks and murder are acceptable in this case (not really).

*Also if you don't know who Alexis is, just go back in the chapter, there are only 13 OR read the comments. I already answered who she was to one person.