Chapter 8

Chris Blackwell

Jail.

Everything they say about it is true.

Hell on earth.

The worst place to be...

And the worst place I have came to live in over some stupid shit.

Jail.

Tiana Smith

College.

All the hype is real.

The life of college is so much better than high school.

Especially when you live far away from your past...

College.

   Its been four years of pain, struggles, battles, and sucking it up but im here. Here doing my own thang in Florida. Four years of watching everyone around ruin me there life in some aspect. Four years of making mistakes and learning from them. I'm a sophomore in college now  working my way up in the entertainment business. I do work a nine to five job but I have a sideline job of doing photography and filming, You can say I have really grown up over the years.

The  Family 

Mom:

   She got a higher position in her job. She has aged so much from stress and worrying. She eventually started to open back up to us but she would close up at least three times a week. When I told her where I was applying, she basically asked me why was I running away. I told her that I wasn't running away but instead moving on with my life.

Alexis:

   She moved out and didn't try to talk to us for a whole year. She came back telling us she was a stripper and that's the only way she could pay for college anymore. we aren't as close as we used to be but she did apologize for that day. She said she was just hurt and upset. I know deep down though that she still feels some type of way. She has her own apartment far from my mom and Devante.

Devante:

   He stopped doing drugs in just enough time. One boy on his team got caught and he got expelled from school, lost his whole scholarship, and got rejected from many colleges over bringing this small bag of weed to school. A year later the school did a surprise drug test that could go back at least six months. Five people went through what the one guy did, NOT including my brother thank god. Sense was knocked into him just like that. He was able to keep  his scholarship and graduate with honors. Now that was years ago. He is going for the big leagues!

Chris:

   Chris and I had became so close over the months that he stayed with us. Nothing past a best friend level but he was the person I confided to when I had no one which was often. One day, the world crashed. I get news that he was picked up from his house by the police for some charges and just like that he was gone. Sent to a jail a few states over. I wrote to him and called but we became distant and I haven't talked to him since last year.

   Now I on the other hand have been living my LIFE! To get away from high school was one of the best things for me. It took much time and patience but I did. I never actually stepped a foot back in that school often though. After sophomore year, I decided to take all online classes and gather myself without negativity interfering. I worked on not only perfecting my grades, but getting myself together. I went from 200 pounds to 120 within these few years. I bettered myself and my health. It wasn't about looking good anymore for me. It was more on the fact that I needed to change for me.

   When I walked across that stage with my toned calves peeking from under the gown, slimmer face done up with makeup, and pumps I swear I was the baddest thing walking up there! I grew out my hair even more and lets just say its gotten pretty long. I was valedictorian of my class and saying I was cheesing would be an understatement. I was proud of myself, and I still am, because I did it.