Figuring it Out

A U T H O R ' S  N O T E 

    This is a story I have been wanting to tell for a long time. Hockey is one of my favourite sports and I have always been enthralled with figure skating. Pair the two together, and we have a short story. It's been a while since I have written, and my style has significantly changed so please be patience with me. 

E X T E N D E D   S U M M A R Y 

"There's something about putting on a pair of skates, and getting out there and moving like nobody else can. Freedom is a word that comes to mind." ― Randy Gardner

Xavier Homes lives and breathes hockey 24/7. He is the captain of the London Knight's OHL hockey team and is projected to be a first round pick in the 2018 NHL Draft.

Rosaura Simmons is an up-and-coming figure skater whose dream has always been to one day compete in the Olympics. She on the road to achieving her dream when it threatens to crumble down and Xavier can't help but step in.

With both their dreams and careers on the line, Xavier and Rosaura will need to work together and figure out a way to keep pushing each other on and off the ice and unlock the hidden potential within them. 

D E D I C A T I O N

To those who dreamed of reaching the stars and buckled into a space ship to do so. To the athletes who grind, to the fans that watch, and to the sports that bring people together. 

A E S T H E T I C S

This is the first time I have made character aesthetics so please forgive me for the lack of experience

Start Date: 12/22/2017

End Date: 08/06/2018