Chapter Six - Deliora

Merry Christmas, guys! (A review gift would be appreciated, :D)

Sorry this is so short.

*****

Chapter Six - Deliora

"Have you ever met a dragon that couldn't talk?"
Deborah Blake, Wickedly Wonderful

*****

Cana found her calling in Card Magic, and Laxus became more and more skilled as time went on.

Two years passed, and Cana was seven and Laxus was twelve (to be thirteen in November) when something else came up.

It was in the summer of X774, and there was a demon on the loose.

"Say that again," Acnologia hissed, standing up.

"There is a demon from the Books of Zeref rampaging through Seven," Makarov repeated.

"And?" Acnologia hissed, slamming his fist down and breaking the table underneath it. "I need more information than that."

"I believe it's called Deliora," Makarov said quietly. "And so far it's destroyed a total of seven cities, as of the time they sent the message. Which was several weeks ago."

Acno's face grew darker, and he spun around the guild. "Gildarts! Laxus! We're going on a job."

"I wanna go, too!" Cana shouted, jumping up.

Acnologia studied her. While she was strong, especially for her age, they were going against Deliora. If it was a dark guild, he wouldn't hesitate to invite her, but in this situation... "No. Sorry. Maybe we'll do something different when we come back."

He had to stop spending so much time with children. It was making him look less intimidating.

Acnologia turned to look at Laxus and Gildarts. "Are you ready? I doubt I'll need backup, but it's good to have some."

"Why would you need backup?" Gildarts asked, confused.

"We're going up against a demon from the Books of Zeref," Acnologia hissed. "A lesser demon, but still. Outside, now."

They three of them headed outside, and were followed by the rest of the guild, including Cana who was watching them upsettably.

"Calm down, Cana," Mari said, watching over the small girl. "All will be fine. We'll see them soon."

Acnologia moved over to the beach, a place where he could transform and not break anything.

He closed his eyes and shifted, and he heard gasps as the people in the guild who had never seen him took in his appearance.

"Laxus, Gildarts, climb on. This is the fastest way."

"He can talk!" Cana cried.

Gildarts nodded. "Yeah, we'll be back soon."

"Bye, Cana, Mom, Jiji!" Laxus called.

The climbed onto Acnologia's back, grasping onto the edges of his tiled head, and waved at Cana and Mari, who both waved back.

Acnologia let out a roar and took to the sky.

*****

"Acno, you should have let me do this years ago!" Gildarts yelled at the dragon. Laxus was too busy screaming in delight to do anything else.