Chapter Three - The Dawn of a New Era

Precht leaves a little later than he did originally because he wants to try and get extra information out of Acnologia. Because of this, Makarov is older when he becomes guild master. Also, I made up Ivan's age. (Did some math with Mari and Laxus).

*****

Chapter Three – The Dawn of a New Era

"Noble dragons don't have friends. The nearest they can get to the idea is an enemy who is still alive."

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

*****

Acnologia knew that change was coming; he could sense it easily.

Many things had happened over the years; Mavis's curse had activated, and being inserted in a lacrima caused her to become just as invisible as Zera.

She chose to spend time with the girl on Tenrou, again, and together they were forever thirteen.

And he was stuck in the guild because she refused to let him return, and she wanted him to 'watch over her family'.

God, how he hated her sometimes.

Yuri died, and Warrod left, and Precht began acting weird, before he finally disappeared into the distance, leaving him (of all the damn people) as the third master.

Yeah, not happening, he thought, grabbing the back of Makarov's shirt (Yuri's son, who was around three times easier to tolerate than his father) and started dragging him to the basement.

"Wha – Acno, what are you doing?"

Acnologia had practically helped raise Makarov, and he was only getting used to 'Acno', rather than 'Uncle Acno'.

He was starting to get a bit fond of children, now, but at least no one knew that.

"You're going to be the fourth guild master. Congrats."

"What? Why?" Makarov asked, gasping.

"Because if I'm the guild master any longer, I'll burn the guild hall down."

Makarov said nothing, knowing that this wasn't even a threat, but rather, a fact.

"But...can I even be guild master? I mean-"

"You are plenty qualified," Acnologia said. "Plus, Porlyusica is pregnant with your child."

"HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?" Makarov shrieked.

"I can smell it," Acnologia said plainly. "This will give you the chance to raise your child properly. By working as guild master, you also won't be going on jobs."

"...I see," Makarov said. He was nearing forty-two, and he knew that Acnologia had a point.

"But first, something you must know – something all Masters of Fairy Tail must know."

They had entered the basement and came to a halt in front of a set of doors Makarov had never seen before.

"This, is the Lumen Histoire..."

*****

The same year that Makarov's child was born, Acnologia felt the presence of a huge being with magical power on the other side of Fiore.

He traveled there, and to his surprise, found that it was a baby.

An abandoned baby, with nothing more than a name embroidered on the blanket he was wrapped in.