Chapter Four - The Dreyars, Part One

*On the second night of Chanukah the-real-narnia gave to me:

A death in the family...*

Yo. If you read Ripples you know I'm posting something for each night of Chanukah (cause I'm Jewish). They will all be Fairy Tail fics, or chapters here or in Ripples. And yeah, there will be another DoD chapter before the end of Chanukah.

The blonde thing was referenced from 'Father' another papalogia au fic.

And for those who asked; Chaos Magic counts as illusions, and a type of solidified magic (kinda like how Macao's fire is solid).

P.S. Hope you Ripples fans are happy about the ending.

*****

Chapter Four – The Dreyars, Part One

"But we were dragons. We were supposed to be cruel, cunning, heartless and terrible. But this much I can tell you, we never burned and tortured and ripped one another apart and called it morality."

Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

*****

Several years had passed, and Gildarts had turned into a womanizer.

Acnologia knew that this wasn't going to end well.

And it didn't.

"I'm getting married!" Gildarts crowed, clutching a petite woman tight to his chest.

"What'th that mean?" Laxus asked, standing near Gildarts's legs. At the age of four, he was almost speaking normally, with the exception of a slight lisp.

"Laxus, this is going to be your Aunt Cornelia!" Gildarts shouted with joy, tossing up the little boy.

Cornelia wasn't a mage. She didn't understand what being a mage is like.

Which is why she wouldn't understand why Gildarts didn't want to stop being a mage.

Which is why she left him less than eight months later.

And Gildarts went back to drinking himself into oblivion.

*****

When Laxus got older, his father pushed him harder and harder, and he wasn't the same bright kid he was before.

It was only when his father left his presence that Laxus would turn into the same curious brat.

Laxus turned to Acnologia, recently at the age of ten. "Uncle Acno?"

"What."

"I dare you to cut off of all your hair."

"No."

"Awwww."

Ivan appeared again, and Laxus lost his smile and stood up, rigidly. "Hi, Dad."

Ivan scowled at him. "Let's get going."

"Yes, Dad." Laxus's shoulders slumped and followed Ivan out the door, and Acnologia sighed.

If Gildarts was there, then Gildarts could probably find an excuse to spend the day with Laxus, but Gildarts was Gildarts. Technically, he was the kid's uncle.

And also, Acnologia wasn't exactly known for being a fluffy caregiver.

More like an ex-mass murderer.