Chapter Thirty Four

*Bucky's POV*

Sarah was standing so her chest was against my right arm, and I could feel her shaking slightly as the man looked at her. I frowned and looked at Sarah, and she was clenching her teeth at the guy. I gave the guy an uneasy glare, watching his mouth open to speak, and interrupting him before he said anything.

"What do you want?" I growled. The man scoffed, and tried to step closer to Sarah. I stepped closer to him, and my metal arm recalibrated, making metal clicking sounds. He glanced at my arm and backed off.

"I want her." The man said simply. I clenched my fist, trying not to lose control. Everyone was looking back and forth between Sarah and the guy.

"Leave me alone, Garrett. Haven't you done enough to me?" Sarah spat, and I grew even more confused.

"Can someone please explain what the hell is going on?" Natasha asked. Sarah gave the man another glare, and then looked at Tasha.

"This man, Garrett, is part of Hydra. When I was trying to escape S.H.I.E.L.D. after it was compromised, I ran into him and he shot me, because he is a dick." Sarah stated, and I couldn't help but smile at her lovely choice of words. Tony, Sam, Steve and Valerie all laughed. The man, Garrett, frowned.

"I am not a dick, thank you very much. I shot you because you shot my foot, and that's not very nice. And now I'm here to take you with me, because you are exactly what Hydra needs." Garrett said. I frowned and Sarah stepped closer to me. I took the safety off of my gun and got ready to shoot, when I saw all the Hydra agents coming back to the warehouse. Shit, I thought. They just HAD to come back now.

"You aren't going to take her." Steve said. I have to admit, Steve looks so mad that if I were in Garrett's place, I would be running. Then again I probably look really scary when I am mad, too. Instead, the idiot guy just smiled and laughed.

"Really? Because I always get what I want. And right now, I want Sarah." He said. "And guess what else? I have an army."

He spread his arms wide, gesturing to the mass of Hydra agents that were now returning from their little adventure in the woods. They all had guns in their hands, and suddenly, I didn't like our chances.

"Look. Hand over the girl, and no one will get hurt." Garrett said, attempting to reason.

"Except her. She will get hurt. There is no chance in hell I'm letting you take her." I growled, clenching my fists so hard I could feel blood seeping from my hand where my fingernails were.

Garrett scowled.

"Fine. We'll just take her by force." He said, and he gave a signal to the agents. They began firing, and I pushed Sarah out of the way of the bullets. She then grabbed her gun, shooting some of the agents. Steve threw his shield in a huge circle, hitting at least twelve people right in the chest. The first row was out.

Tony and Sam took to the skies, blasting the stupid agents right out of existence.

Cara was a huge help with her mind powers, and was flinging agents around from left to right. Valerie was also vaporizing people. I covered Sarah and fired my gun over and over again, hitting enemy after enemy. But they were quickly out numbering us. Natasha suddenly came out of no where, knocking the guns out of three agent's hands and fighting them in hand to hand combat.

We took out over half, as Garrett stood watching. His smile was slowly fading as he watched us unleash the true power we possessed.

It seemed to be going our way.

I thought we were going to win.

Until the bomb went off.

I was thrown back, and I was suddenly blinded. Black spots danced in my eyes as I struggled to move. I coughed, attempting to clear my lungs of the poisonous smoke, and tried to get up. I gasped in pain when my side began to sting.

I blinked, trying to see, when it dawned on me.

Where was Sarah?

I scrambled to stand, to see, to move. I ignored any pain I felt and tried to get up, the world spinning. I had to get to her, my love, the only thing that mattered. I had to save her.

I groaned in pain and blinked again, and suddenly I spotted her. She was laying about ten feet to my right, not moving. The others were struggling to get up like I was, but were too far away from Sarah. I gave up trying to stand and instead crawled, trying so desperately to get to her. I tasted blood in my mouth and noticed the blood trail I was leaving, and I almost blacked out. Instead I swallowed, and kept going, almost by her side.

But right before I got to her, I was shot.

I fell to the ground in shock, pain threatening to rip me apart, and saw Garrett standing with a gun pointed at me. He smiled and walked over to Sarah, lifting her in his arms. I yelled, yelled so loud, trying to reach her.

He was carrying her away from me.

I gasped in pain. I could barely breathe. I could barely see. I clutched at my wound, trying to stop the blood flow, and tried so hard to move, but I couldn't. I screamed, because my voice was the only thing that still worked, and tried to wake her. To get her to wake up and fight, just like we trained.

She was getting farther away.

I yelled, and hot tears starting streaming down my face. My nails dug into the dirt, and I tried to drag myself towards her. She was so far away. Garrett turned around and gave me a smirk.

"See? I always get what I want." The son of a bitch said. I cried out in pain as my bullet wound ripped open farther, and suddenly, Sarah's eyes opened slowly. Her eyes locked on mine for a single second.

"BUCKY!" She screamed.

She was gone.

--

A.N.

PLEASE DONT HATE ME

um yeah so that was hard to write

Now I want to cry. And I even knew that was going to happen.

I'll be updating again after this to add some thank you's and some more info on the sequel, which is up on my profile. It's called, "Winter's Revenge."

THANK YOU FOR STAYING WITH ME THROUGH THE WHOLE STORY ILY

-Jordan💕