Chapter Fourteen

STEVE'S POV

I watched as Bucky jogged towards the edge of the city and disappeared into the woods. Seeing him again didn't seem real. I hadn't stopped thinking about him since I woke up on the beach of the Potomac, and even though I wasn't sure how much of our friendship remained, just seeing his face again, alive and well, was possibly the best thing I could ever ask for.

"Cap, are you positive this guy won't try anything?" Tony asked from behind me. I turned and glanced at everyone.

"He just fought with us against Hydra. He is not a threat to any of us as long as they don't get a hold of him again." I stated firmly, looking Tony in the eye. He nodded, putting his trust into my words.

When I looked back towards the woods, Bucky was emerging, but he wasn't alone.

A young woman with curly blonde hair walked behind him, wearing a dark sweater, leggings and combat boots. I could just barely make out the shape of a gun holster under her sweater.

I frowned and looked at Natasha, whose eyes were already focused on the girl.

"I guess that's Sarah." She said, and I nodded.

"I have no idea how they would've ended up together though, or why they would've stayed together," I mentioned, confusion evident in my voice. Natasha shrugged.

"I'm not sure. But we should keep a lookout for any signs that she's Hydra."

I nodded as Bucky came within earshot, stopping a few feet from me and gesturing to the girl.

"This is Sarah. Is it alright if she joins us?"

----

BUCKY'S POV

They looked at me, shocked. They had a right to be. Even I had to admit this was out of character for the most feared assassin in history. Why would I need someone else?

Exactly. I don't.

I couldn't for the life of me explain why I had let her stay for so long. I suppose I felt the need to protect her.

Steve looked at Tony, who was on the phone. Tony nodded and Steve shrugged.

"There's no reason for her to not come." Steve spoke,  looking at Sarah with interest. What was so special about this girl that the Winter Soldier has decided she is worth his time?

I followed them as they walked. The fire department, police and ambulances were all starting to show. Sirens wailed in the distance as they arrived to take care of any injured citizens. The noise faded as we approached the Stark hotel, and when we entered I realized that we were a very strange bunch; a man with a shield, a man with a metal arm, a man with wings and a jetpack, a man wearing a suit made of armor, and two torn up women with guns. Needless to say, we got a few weird glances.

Our rooms were on the top floor. Sarah and I placed our bags in the last remaining room, and everyone met up to talk in the main living area.

Tony took his suit off and it folded down to about the size of a really small suitcase. Sam took off his wings and laid them on the floor, next to the door. Everyone sat on the couches in the middle of the room, and Sarah and I hesitantly followed. Steve scooted over to give us room.

"So Sarah, how did you find him?" Natasha asked. Straight to the questions, I guess. Sarah sat up and cleared her throat, looking at Natasha.

"I got shot trying to run away from the Triskelion after Hydra took over. I wandered around in the woods and found an abandoned house, and Bucky happened to be there. He took out the bullet and stitched me up. We've been running from Hydra since." Sarah told them. Tony leaned against the kitchen countertop, looking like he was deep in thought. Natasha was staring intently at Sarah. Then Steve chimed in.