Chapter Thirty Two

*Sarah's POV*

"RUN!" I screamed, sprinting towards Bucky, Steve, Cara and some other girl.

Bucky's eyes widened as he looked behind me, but instead of running away, he ran straight towards Godzilla 2.0. Or Xander, as Cara called it.

"No!" I yelled, desperately reaching my arms out to stop him, but it was futile. He was far too strong to stop. Steve is the only one that has to strength to stop him, but Steve was too far down the hall, and Bucky was a fast runner.

I turned in horror as he raced towards death without fear. Natasha opened fire on the beast to distract it, and Steve threw his shield with every ounce of strength he had. The shield hit the monster in the face so hard it fell over in pain, and Bucky freaking jumped ON the monster.

Me and him are going to have a serious talk later about 'how not to make your girlfriend wet herself while you do stupid things in battle that could get you killed.'

Tony took off along with Sam and they covered Bucky while he repeatedly punched the monster in the eyes, making the thing lose sight and therefore be a lot less dangerous. It was a stupid ass way to approach it, but I have to admit, it was a good way to defeat the thing. Steve took off and ran over to the creature, jumping on it with Bucky.

"Steve, you dumbass!" Natasha muttered under her breath. I rolled my eyes in agreement as I shot the creature with my guns, aiming for its legs so it couldn't get up.

Cara stepped forward next to me, and waved her hand, sending a handful of agents flying. I gave her a glance that screamed, 'hey you're cool and I wish I could do that' and continued to shoot Godzilla.

Bucky and Steve slid off of the monster and Bucky took his biggest gun, shooting at the agents and taking several out. Natasha and I adjusted our aim, also taking out the agents, while Tony and Sam blasted them from the sky. Cara sent them flying around, and the girl Cara called Valerie started to shoot blue energy blasts from her hands.

We took out a ton, along with the help of several mutants, but the stream of agents was never ending. And I knew for a fact that they had several more versions of Godzilla, because I could hear them roaring upstairs, and the building was shaking from their weight. I wanted to know who's genius idea it was to put them on the top floor.

I knew we needed to do something big, so I told Natasha, Cara and Valerie to cover me and I sprinted towards Bucky. When I got over there he stood in front of me to block shots coming our way, and I opened fire on agents coming from the side.

"Hey, we need to do something bigger, or we aren't going to be able to stop them!" I shouted above our guns. He nodded to show that he understood, and looked up to where Tony was. He made eye contact with him and gestured for him to come down. Stark flew towards us, landing on one knee, and glanced at us as he shot some agents with his repulsor beams.

"Yeah?" He said. Bucky ducked as an agent shot at him, and then stood up to reply.

"Got any grenades or missiles in there?" Bucky yelled. Stark opened a compartment on his suit, and pulled out a small grenade.

"This'll hit em where it hurts. Run to that hallway where the others are, and go into a room with a heavy door. It should protect you. Once I set off the bomb, I'll try and get in as fast as possible." Tony stated, and me and Bucky didn't waste a second before bolting to the hallway. Bucky made me go first so he could cover for me, and once we got into the hallway we yelled for the others to get to the Black room. We were almost to the room when the bomb went off, and the bomb did a lot more damage than I thought.

I glanced behind me and saw the roof implode. Chunks of the roof came falling down, crushing some of the remaining agents and mutants.

Steve opened the door and shoved all of us in, and we waited for Tony to fly in. We sat in the room, blocking away the carnage from the explosion, and suddenly Tony came flying in. Steve shut the door right away, and locked it tight. We all breathed a sigh of relief.

"Man, that bomb fucked things up." Sam exclaimed. Cara snorted.

"We were trying to destroy the Hydra base, right?" Tony asked, and we nodded tiredly.

"Well I believe we successfully destroyed their base." He finished, cracking a grin.

I smiled, and noticed Valerie was frowning deeply in the back of the room, scanning the rubble as if searching for something. I mimicked her frown and walked over to her, catching the attention of everyone in the room.

"What's wrong?" I asked, and she sighed, slow to respond. Her hands pulsed with energy and I found myself backing slowly away.

"The first time I get out of this room in years, the first time I can see my only friend, and she's dead. She was one of the mutants, and I saw her dead body." Valerie said, closing her eyes. Everyone was looking at her with sympathy. "I promised to protect her, and I couldn't."

"It's alright, Valerie. You can avenge your friends death by destroying Hydra, the people who took you away from her." I said, attempting to comfort her. She nodded.

"Use your anger." Bucky said in his rough voice. His voice surprised me, and sent chills down my spine. Valerie looked over at him and stared intently, and I frowned again.

I stood up and went back to where I was before, next to Bucky. He took my hand in his and rubbed his thumb against the back of my hand. I forgot about Valerie, and we waited for it to be safe to go back in the main room.

--

A.N.

Idk bout you guys but I really liked this chapter because I love Sarah's sarcastic/funny personality. I was laughing while writing it😂

Anywho tell me what you thought! I think the next chapter is gonna be the last for this story😬

-Jordan💕