Chapter Twenty Seven

*Bucky's POV*

~~~~~

"No!" I screamed, at the top of my lungs. I pulled at the metal holding me down, and watched in absolute horror.

She was screaming and tears were streaming down her face, as they beat her, beat her endlessly. They were laughing and smiling, having the time of their lives.

I pulled and tugged at my restraints, fueled by my fuming anger. I beat the metal, but it refused to snap.

I can't lose the person that makes my life worth living.

I beat it and beat it, and didn't even notice my hand start bleeding, but I still kept hitting it. I screamed in frustration, and realized I was suddenly the only one screaming.

I looked over, and I saw something that made my knees give out, my lungs suffocate, and my heart collapse.

Sarah was lying alone, in the middle of a pile of blood.

She was gone.

I threw my head back and screamed, screamed so loud that I couldn't hear anything anymore. I screamed her name, begging her to come back to me, begging to feel her lips on mine again, begging to see her smile again.

I yelled and screamed and cried for her, for everything we had.

I screamed until I couldn't anymore, and I collapsed in tears.

I can't breath without her.

~~~~~

I awoke to someone shaking me and yelling my name.

"Bucky!" Sarah yelled, shaking me harder, and I sat up. I was drenched with sweat, and shaking. I breathed hard and looked at her.

Was she really there?

I reached out and touched her face. She linked our hands and held mine tight.

I sighed with relief and pulled her to me, wrapping my arms around her small waist. I wasn't going to let her get away.

She was stunned at first, and then put her arms around my neck, putting her head over my shoulder. I buried my head in her neck and tried to slow my breathing.

She was here, she was safe, and that's all that matters right now.

"What did you dream about?" She whispered, and I closed my eyes.

"The worst thing I could imagine." I replied. I'm sure she wanted to ask more, but instead she stayed quiet, rubbing my back with her hand.

After a minute I pulled away, and she smiled at me. I gave a half hearted grin back, and she laid down, staring up at me with her big blue eyes.

"It's ok, Bucky. The nightmares aren't real." She said. I glanced at the floor.

"My nightmares are vivid. They relive everything horrible I've ever experience, and create new situations that I haven't lived, but are even more terrifying. That's why I can't sleep." I told her. She looked at me with concern, and I shrugged it off, lying back down.

"You aren't with the soviets anymore. You're in good hands, and you have five friends here with you that would give their life for your well being." Sarah replied, and I nodded.

Sarah closed her eyes, and I stared at her face for a while, trying to memorize it. I suddenly realized I didn't even have a picture of her, and I reminded myself to take one next time I found a camera.