Chapter 13

I breathed in the fresh city air. I stared into the beautiful sky. I had forgotten how beautiful the sun was. The sound of chatter and cars were heard throughout the streets.

I heard sirens in the distance. Great, the cops were already after me. I hid in a nearby gap between two buildings. When I peered around the corner, I saw Nick and Judy speaking to one of the scientists. Before I knew it, Nick and Judy were already in their car and driving in my direction. So I ducked out of sight and waited for them to pass.

Once they were out of sight, I emerged from the gap and sprinted away from the lab. I ended up in the middle of Savannah Central, everyone staring at me.

"What?" I said. "Never seen someone taking a stroll before?" All the animals merely continued with what they were doing. 'That's what I thought.'

I entered a restaurant because I was so hungry. I stood in line to order, when everything suddenly went silent. They were staring again.

"Do I seriously need to deal with this wherever I go?" I remarked. Everyone continued their tasks. It was getting irritating.

Eventually, I was at the front. There stood a female tiger wearing a nervous smile.

"G-good afternoon, s-sir!" the tiger greeted. "My name is Evangeline. Please follow me to your table." I obeyed and sat down at the booth she had led me to. "A waiter will be right with you."

A few minutes later, The front doors opened again, revealing Nick and Judy. I averted my attention away from them in a pathetic attempt to become invisible. Of course, it didn't work. The two officers ended up sitting at the booth I was at.

"Hey, bud," Nick greeted.

"...I'm in trouble, aren't I?"

If you enjoyed this chapter, then please hit that "Vote" button, that's really appreciated. And If you REALLY enjoyed it, then in the comments section below, type "#zootopia"!