Chapter 10

Before I could leave the quarantine chamber to return to my own, Nick and Judy called me back. In Nick's paw was my cellphone. I took and unlocked it, seeing that I had over fifty missed calls, mostly from my dad. I hesitantly tapped the "call" button and waited for a response.

Ring...

Ring...

Click!

Someone picked up.

"JOSHUA!!" my dad screamed, making me pull my phone away for a brief moment. "Where are you?! We've been searching for you for weeks!"

"I'm fine, Dad," I said. "I just... well... I'm not sure how to say this..."

"Say what?"

"I don't think I'm in our world anymore."

My father was silent for a few seconds. "I-I'll go tell the others. Where are you right now?"

"I'm in- wait, what others?"

"Your friends and the search party went out."

"Oh... Well, I'm in Zootopia. I don't think you'll be able to find me... not any time soon, anyway."

I hung up the phone and put it in my back pocket. My dad did care about me. He was just often drunk and didn't know what he was doing. He always tried to make up for beating me. All I really wanted was for him to stop drinking.

"Thanks, guys. I really appreciate it."

If you enjoyed this chapter, then please hit that "Vote" button, that's really appreciated. And If you REALLY enjoyed it, then in the comments section below, type "#zootopia"!