Chapter 12

Bang... Bang... CRASH!

It didn't take much to break through the metal door of the chamber, which was more than enough proof that I'm very close to becoming insane. My strength would dramatically, but not nearly as the point that I've completely lost it. The sirens were blaring and the red lights were flashing, exactly like last time. The strength that I had been invigorated with left my body.

"Emergency! Subject 107449 has breached the quarantine! This is not a drill!"

That escalated quickly.

Before anyone could catch me, I entered the storage closet to grab my keyblade, then made a mad dash for the exit of the facility. Fortunately, I was already on the first floor. Unfortunately, I was on the opposite side of the building as the exit.

I was only about a quarter of the way there, when all of a sudden a horde of scientists started chasing me. I turned a corner, only to find another group of scientists waiting for me.

I was cornered. There was nothing I could do to get past all of them. My weapon may be strong, but it wouldn't have been enough to fend off an entire squad, yet the only option available was to fight.

'I won't let them trap me here any longer. I'm not some lab rat. I refuse to give up!'

A massive surge of newfound vigor and adrenaline flowed through my body. My opponents rushed toward me in an attempt to attack me.

A pig wielding a baton tried to strike me, but I deflected his attack by performing an overhead block with my keyblade. This left me an opening to counter by swiping his feet and making him trip. The next was a wolf with a stun gun. With swift movements, I managed to maneuver around the remaining scientists while dodging multiple bullets.

I bolted past the animals trying to suppress me and turned another corner, entering the main lobby.

There it was.

The exit.

It was so close. The key to my freedom was just before my eyes.

I sprinted faster than ever before through the gigantic room. There was no way those scientists could catch up to me.

Finally, I stopped just in front of the glass doors. I pressed my hands against the door.

"Stop at once!"

I gently pushed the doors open.

"Don't let it get away!"

I stepped through the doors until I was completely out of the laboratory.

I was finally free.

If you enjoyed this chapter, then please hit that "Vote" button, that's really appreciated. And If you REALLY enjoyed it, then in the comments section below, type "#zootopia"!