Chapter 2

I eased my mind and did my best to make it look like Bogo's insult hadn't even phased me.

"Uh, hello?" said the bunny. I looked around again to see that the fox was shooing away the crowd.

I waved to the rabbit, not wanting to talk yet. I don't like talking around people I'm not sure if I should trust.

"What's your name?" Okay, looks like I'd have to speak up after all.

"Joshua. Joshua Mattson." I answered with a smile on my face.

"I'm officer Judy Hopps of the ZPD!" Judy replied, showing her badge. "And over there is my partner, Nick Wilde." the fox casually walked over to us.

"What's the ZPD?"

"Zootopia Police Department." said Nick

"Zootopia, huh...?" I mumbled to myself. "So that's where I am."

"What was that?"

"Huh? Oh, nothing." I scratched the back of my head in embarrassment.

"Anyway," Nick said, "we need you to come to the ZPD." I shivered at Nick's words. Why would I be going to the police station?

"Does that mean I'm in trouble?"

"No, no," Judy assured me. "Nothing like that. You're just going to be asked some questions, that's all."

"Oh, okay." I let out a sigh of relief as I sat in the backseat of the two officers' car.

✦ ✦ ✦

The car was so quiet, you could hear a pin drop. I didn't like noise, but I wasn't too fond of silence, either. I started to feel awkward, so I decided to break the silence.

"Do you guys like video games?" I asked.

"I never played very often," Nick replied.

"I've never played any at all," Judy said. "I lived in Bunnyburrow."

"Hm..." I tried to think of a different topic. But before I could, we had already arrived at our destination. We got out of the car and walked through the entrance of the Zootopia Police Department.

If you enjoyed this chapter, then please hit that "Vote" button, that's really appreciated. And If you REALLY enjoyed it, then in the comments section below, type "#zootopia"!