Chapter 05: the one he left behind.

//2 weeks later//

Valt is panicking. He paces back and forth on the tan carpet of his bedroom. The one day he got off from the brutal training of BC Sol, his thoughts suddenly snapped to a certain crimson-eyed blader. (He remembered Shu after spotting a red rose growing in a flowerpot by Chris' office.)

Rantaro watches the boy with slight amusement and concern from his post on the bed. A bowl filled with popcorn rests in front of him as Rantaro lays on his stomach, head facing the end of the twin-bed, limbs sprawled across everywhere. The tv plays from behind a pacing bluenette. He has no clue what Valt is so upset about. Rantaro knows how much Shu means to Valt, but he really doesn't have to get this worried and crazy-like.

"Valt, you're overreacting," he comforts through a mouthful of popcorn, "I bet Shu's just fine. You don't need to text him 24/7." Rantaro holds the popcorn bowl out to Valt as the bluenette pops a piece into his own mouth and shakes his head.

"I know Shu better then anybody and, I dunno, I have a feeling something is wrong."

'And I saw something the day he left,' Valt thinks, ' his eyes were filled with hurt - I could see it - and it betrayed the smile on his face that almost seemed forced. And the way he wanted to beat Lui...'

"It seems like 'is lovey-dovey senses are tinglin'." Rantaro and Valt look over at the blonde boy resting against the doorframe. The bluenette blushes.

"What do you mean "lovey-dovey senses"?"

Wakiya shrugs and goes to sit beside Rantaro's head. He yanks the bowl of popcorn from the blonde's hands and rests it on his lap, earning an indignant squawk from the other. "It's obvious ya like Shu."

"Well, yeah. He's my best friend," Valt denies.

Wakiya sighs with an eyeroll. "How dense can ya be," he mutters. "I mean that ya like like 'im, more then just ya average friend."

Valt stares at Wakiya with a burning face. "Wha-no, that's not... Was it that obvious?"

"Yup," Wakiya responds with a nod.

"Huh," Rantaro looks up at Wakiya. "You were actually right for once."

"Whaddaya mean "for once"?" The blue-eyed boy frowns as Rantaro goes back to retrieve the bowl. He's unsuccessful as Wakiya raises it above his head.

As Valt wonders about Shu, the two blondes scuffle over the popcorn bowl. 'I have to do something, Valt thinks, 'I bet Shu is really lonely by himself.'

Valt ignores the popcorn pelted between the two blondes as he digs around his bedside drawer to find his phone. He picks it up and plops down on his own bed. Valt presses the power button. Nothing.

"Ah, it's dead!" He scrambles for a charger and immediately plugs it in.

After a few minutes, the screen is lite up into light. Suddenly, Valt is spammed with missed text messages, phone calls, and FaceTime. His phone screen reads;

You have 149 text messages,
79 missed calls, 37 missed FaceTime calls

Valt winces. 'I can't believe I ignored all of that.' He frowns and immediately taps furiously at the screen, skipping through his contacts and finally finding Shu's number. The bluenette takes a deep breath before tapping the call icon.

The phone rings as he raises it do his ear. He almost loses hope as it rings one last time before -

"Hello?" a voice croaks through the phone.

"Shu..."