Chapter 11

There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home. Click, click,click.

'You're actually doing Dorothy right now? You're wearing black sneakers first of all-'

'Shut up! I need an excuse other than that fucking boy over there is my werewolf mate and I'm not interested! Oh, and I'm a werecat! I highly doubt the truth is gonna work with this bitch beside me' Also known as 'Meghan, the girl who got me into this freaking mess'.

'Now, now. No need to overreact. Plus what's the problem. My mate is over there and I wanna go play!' Luxy purrs.

'There will be no such thing! Now I only-'

Seeing as my life has recently become a really bad parody of Twilight, can you guess what cut me off mid-thought? Carter. Behind me and I can feel him. He's entered the bar, though he isn't approaching me, I know he's seen me.

He is intoxicating and I just want to wrap his arms around me and stay there forever.

Mind over mate, mind over mate.

I just got to get out of this situation.

'Or you could just do what you wanted to in the first place. If be so down with that!' Luxy attempts to convince me, but I already decided...And it's already been decided for me.

I glance over where Meg is...was... She is now on a musty old couch on the lap of a wolf taking a million selfies.

I come to the realization that she's really upset. She must've had a fight with her boyfriend. Meg wouldn't be all over some other guy unless she was trying to hurt her jealous little millionare. I'm so caught up in my own drama, I didn't notice my best friend struggling to keep that wicked grin on her face.

Without acknowledging his presence, I tip back my drink, finish it, and saunter over to Meghan. I feel his body shift in the direction I move, like we're two satellites reacting to our positioning, but he doesn't attempt to make himself known to me.

Good. Maybe I won't have to deal with him.

"Meg! Can we, like, go please? I'm leaving, but I'm not leaving without you."

She and the wolf occupying her time look up at me from where they're sitting.

"What? We litteraly just drove all the way out here! We can't leave. Plus I'm busy with Eli right now, so you're gonna have to wait." She waves me off and sets her sights back on 'Eli'.

"Seriously. I want to go. Now." I try to be as confident and serious as I can while knowing every single person in the bar can hear me.

"Hey. Meghan said she was staying, so fuck off, alright?" Eli snaps at me. What a fuckboy.

"Where do you get off thinking you can talk to me like that, asshole! Let's go Meghan!" I snip back at him and try to pull her off him.

Instead of being civil, this asshole decides push me off her and into the table behind me. That's when a chill runs through me.

'Ooooooh, he's in trouble!' Luxy cackles. She knows what's about to happen before it does.

I anticipated this snarling rage coming from Carter before he even snapped. The entire pack was silent and you could tell just by instinct they were scared of this dominate male stalking across the bar.

Eli knew he fucked up very quickly. He let go of Meg, who stumbled over to me, and immediately got on his knees. Whatever Carter was saying through their pack link startled the wolf into submission.