➴ ten

Song: Don't Let Me Go (song on the side// play when told to)

estella

Pulling into my driveway, Harry parked giving space for my mum.

This use to be dad's spot.

I was sort of grateful for Harry telling me what was really happen. My world just cracked. Reality fell upon my shoulders, oblivion revealing the ugly truth.

It unfolded its beautiful capturing cloth that blinded anyone who looked for a ticket from reality to only show what the ugly part was.

Everything beautiful has an ugly side.

Everything has a reality to it.

Truth has an ugly lie to it.

He took out the keys from the ignition, the car roaring to sleep. Harry picked up his phone from the console, taking a sip from his water bottle.

I stared ahead at the white garage, the brown from the wood revealing in some pieces.

I wondered how my mum must've felt when she found out about my dad. Of course she must have felt a thousand times worse than I felt.

I felt played in a way. I thought when mum and dad came to visit me they were truly happy with eachother and not just putting on a show for their dying daughter.

I thought the feelings they use to have for each other still surrounded them, both truly, deeply fond of each other.

Sighing, I rested my head in my hands. I felt stupid. Betrayed. How could mum keep this from me? How long was it going to take her until she came forward and told me? How long would dad keep this from me?

Like I said, I am honestly grateful for hearing the news from Harry, but to me, I also feel somewhat alone.

Ashamed.

I trust Harry, and I do want my mum too as well. But how could she have told him before me? It was like spaghetti. So messy, and tangled and confusing.

I felt a hand touch my back, rubbing up and down. Harry began to draw circles with his finger.

"Estella, its going to be alright. I told you, it'll be hard but you can get through this. Now come on, don't let this stop you from wanting to do something you love. Let's charge into your room and whip out that guitar of yours and play a song, or something." He said. He lifted my face out of my hands and rubbed my cheek with his thumb.

I nodded, opening the door. "You're right.. You're right, Harry." I said tugging the machine out.

"We got a song to play," I laughed. His face brightened, a smile playing on his lips.

I closed the door and walked up the steps to the entrance of the flat. Pulling out the spare hidden keys from the pot next to the door, I wiped off the dirty and unlocked the door. Placing it back into the pot I saw Harrys trunk open, him ducked into the compartment.

"Harry?" I called. He got out, pulling a case in the shape of a guitar. "You know I have a spare, right?"

He smiled as he locked his car. "Yeah, but you're a lefty and I'm a righty," he said along with a wink.

I laughed shaking my head. Harry closed the door, locking it. Placing his case leaning against the wall, he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me close.

"It's going to be alright, promise." He said giving me a kiss. I lightly smiled, reaching around him for his guitar. Untangling myself from him, I placed the black case in his hands, directing him to the backyard.