➴ five

estella

I pushed back my chair, staring at my painting.

It's been a week since I've went out with Harry to the beach, and so much has been accomplished.

I began training, regaining my balance.

Harry would sit in the corner of the room, smiling at me.

Nancy has been taking me out for a bit, my parents shocked and overwhelmed at the fact that I was walking again.

"You're going shopping this week with that boy, alright?" Mum had said, passing over a wad of cash.

So this coming Friday, Harry agreed to taking me out to go buy clothes I may need.

Harry came over everyday, asking me to paint him something.

I decided on getting up early, taking a picture of the sun rising with Nancy's phone, the pink streaks of the horizon there.

It looked like candy floss.

Nancy allowed me to keep her phone until I was finished painting, and as soon as I did I gave it back to her.

"It's beautiful," she complimented.

I smiled, "Thank you."

Dr. Loomis also created an appointment for me regaining my muscles in my arms and such.

They had finally realized that I had grown weak, and I needed to rebuild my muscles in order to move around.

Nancy came back into the room claiming that someone was here to visit me.

"Her name is Morgan James, she's says you two are best friends."

Morgan.

"Morgan, yeah. She's a friend of mine."

Nancy nodded, leaving the room.

I looked back out the window with a great view as well, watching the cars pass one by one.

Harry would be in one of them.

The door opened, a tall girl coming in.

She had blonde hair, and icy blue eyes.

"Estella?" She choked.

"Morgan? Oh my gosh, you've changed so much!"

She shrieked, rushing over to me.

I stood up, engulfing her in a hug.

"I'm so sorry I didn't come and visit. So many things have been happening in the family. I didn't have time."

I shook my head, "It's alright. It's not your fault.

"No, it is. I should have came and informed you of everything that's been happening."

I pulled away from her, "No. Family comes first. Now is the time you can explain everything."

Her eyes scanned my face, unsure of whether I was angry or not.

I squeezed her hand, assuring her it was alright.

We sat down by the window, chatting away.

"Um. I have something to tell you." She nervously stated.

I nodded, waiting for her to continue.

"I don't know how you'll take this," she chuckled. "Mum died four weeks ago." Her eyes closed, her bottom lip between her teeth.

I felt a sharp pain, a dagger to my heart.

Nicole was an amazing lady along with being an amazing mum. She was almost a second mum to me, taking me in as soon as she had met me.