epilogue//to your union

*5 years later*

justyouwait: wake up bitch

justyouwait: i made you breakfast

turtleboi: that would explain the smoke alarm going off

justyouwait: 😩 i just tried to be nice

justyouwait: only the best for my fiancé on our special day

turtleboi: that's today?!?!

justyouwait: yES

justyouwait: dID YOU FORGET????

turtleboi: must have slipped my mind

justyouwait: JOHN???

turtleboi: calm down of course I remembered

turtleboi: what person forgets their own fucking wedding day?

justyouwait: you would

turtleboi: fair enough

justyouwait: well put some clothes on because this breakfast went to waste

turtleboi: mcdonald's?

justyouwait: mcdonald's

turtleboi: aw this is why i love you

justyouwait: put a sock in it

justyouwait: love you too honey 😘😘

//\\

The wedding band around my finger fit perfectly. The only thing that made it was the fact that the matching ring was on John Laurens' finger.

We walked hand in hand to the main hall, gathering cheers from just about every guest there. Probably two dozen people congratulated us before we could even be seated at our table. Peggy sat beside John, and Lafayette next to me.

After Peggy announced she would be saying the speech, we didn't know what we were in for. We never actually thought about it again until she was standing and loudly tapping the fork against a champagne glass.

"Hello guests, the happy couple would like to thank you for attending this day, which they will cherish for the rest of their lives together."

"I met John Laurens on the first day of my freshman year of college. He was one year above me, and just about the funniest, sweetest, most nature-obsessed nerd I had ever met. We soon became best friends and I was inducted into their group. It was only after he helped me meet my girlfriend that I realized no one would ever be good enough for John Laurens."

She had already received claps from the audience, but who knew what was coming up.

We really should have told her to read us the speech before the actual reception.

"Then two years later I meet Alexander Hamilton, and oh boy did I still think that."

There it was.

"I thought the two would just be some one-night stand, but then I found out these two had gone on dates and hadn't ghosted one another. If I were honest, I'd say I never would have expected to be speaking at their wedding six years later, but hell there's alcohol so who needs honesty?"

"But seriously, you gays have made such an impact on my life and I'm honored to be the best woman at your wedding."

Tears were streaming down her face. I. never occurred to me that the Peggy Schuyler had emotions like that. She could barely go on, which made my face, which was already damp from the ceremony, wetter and wetter.

"You guys are seriously the goal for every couple... And I'm so glad you found each other.. Now go have your first dance before I break down!"

Maria led us to the center of the dance floor before we could even thank Peggy. Despite wishing to do so, I softly placed my hands on John's collarbone, and his landed on my hips. We started to rock to the music.

"Thank you for the best six years of my life, John Laurens," I whispered into his ear.

"Here's to many more, Alexander Laurens."

I stared at my left ring finger, which held both my engagement and wedding ring. It all felt like a dream. Mostly because even the thought of John Laurens as my husband made me feel like I was walking on air. It was so unreal.

I put my hand to his face, and caressed his cheekbone. Nothing vanished. He was still there.

"I love you, Alex."

"I love you too, John."

I married the love of my life, my soulmate, my better half, because of a damn texting app. One fateful wrong number.

But I wouldn't change anything for the world.

~messages~