Pity

Darlings! Happy Holidays!! Thank you for the outstanding support y'all have been giving! 💜

So sorry for the shortness, but I will try to update soon!

Need to knows: Angel does feel, but her personality is still the same. Feelings on the inside will not change her attitude and facade. Her past has not changed; therefore, the result of the past (her personality) has not, as well.

Love was sanctioned off behind a glass to Angel. It was an illusive word that seemed to come and go as it pleased.

Love was a guest.

It came when times were good, but it always vanished. Sometimes, love would even stay past its welcome, but that seemed even worse.

So, to Angel, being loved truly meant nothing. Love was a fading bliss, that sometimes left behind stains of  remembrances, which could never be scrubbed from the once-pure white carpet. 

Yes, that was all love was....

The blonde girl hummed, while staring down at her book of the past. Her precise handwriting stared back at her, while questions swirled in her head. The flames of candles flickered lustfully around her--obviously basking in the rare delicacy of her magic.

This made no sense. Her heart should of ceased...what was she missing..

"Angel, come down!" The loud huff from Elena broke the blonde's concentration.

Angel pursed lips before waving her hand. The venenum shimmered away, while the flames around her dimmed to smoke.

Her light footsteps down the stairs warned the frowning doppelganger of her approach.

Things had been tense between the twins.

"Yes, Elena?"

The brunette glanced at the blonde before turning her attention back to pouring juice into a cup. "I'm just checking on you. You've been hauled up in your room for a week now."

Angel shrugged.

Elena huffed. "You haven't even gone to school. People are worried about you."

"Oh, yeah," Angel mumbled, while walking down towards the fridge to grab an apple. "Who?"

Elena bit her lip. "Like me, Bonnie, Caroline,--"

Angel nodded her head, while blocking out her sister's lies.

"STEFAN," Elena exclaimed, proudly. "Stefan is very worried. And Damon."

Angel bit into her fruit, while turning towards her twin. "I'm fine. There's nothing to worry about."

Elena nodded, while a thick silence consumed them.

Angel began to walk back to her room before Elena stopped her.

"You're close to them, aren't you?"

Angel stopped and sighed. "Who?"

"The brothers."

The blonde twin simply shrugged.

Elena bit her lip and glanced down, while guilt swirled throughout her aura. Angel pursed her lips before pulling a sit out and sitting across from the brunette.

"What's with all the guilt?"

Elena's eyes snapped up to meet hers. The brunette gaped at her sister and stuttered over her words. "I--I don't know what you're talking about."

"Please," Angel muttered, while taking another bite of the fruit. "You're painted with it."

Elena glanced down. "I think...I think I love Damon."

Angel nodded. This was expected. Her sisters talents were coming between brothers. The Petrova line was known for its seductive habits. 

Elena bit her lip and continued. "I just. God, I don't know! I love Stefan, and he's obviously the safer choice, but I just... I just don't know." The girl glanced at her sister to see her reaction.

Angel was staring back with understanding in her dark orbs. That's what Elena always adored about her sister. Angel never held judgment, and that was as refreshing as it was annoying at times.

The blonde took one last bite and smiled lightly at the confused girl. "Elena, I'm going to break this down for you. Are you lusting after Damon, or do you love him?"

Elena opened her mouth to respond, but Angel shook her head.

"No, don't say anything. I don't need to know. Do you really love Stefan anymore, or are you just holding on to a burnt out relationship? Are you just staying with him because he was there for you when you needed it?"

Elena remained silent, and Angel raised a brow, while pushing herself off the stool.

"Look, you can't have them both. That's selfish. Pick one or the other. If you can't, then let them both go."

Elena tearfully nodded, while Angel ambled upstairs.

"Love sucks," Elena spat.

Angel silently laughed, while shaking her head. She should of told her sister the brutal truth, but she just couldn't bear to see the sadness it would bring to Elena. So she didn't say it. She didn't tell the doppelgänger that love was simply a guest.

------------^----------^----------^-----------^

Angel's book was flung open, while spare notes laid scattered around her. Her eyes narrowed, as her phone rung, and her head tilted at the unfamiliar number.

"Hello?"

A begrudging, cold voice spoke through the cell's speaker.  "Hello, Angelina. How have you been?"

Angel grimaced at the use of her full name. "What do you want, Sheila?"

Bonnie's grandmother let out a disgusted sound at the blonde's blunt tone.

"Come to my home."

Angel rolled her eyes, while continuing her search through her book. "And why would I do that?"

"Because I can provide you with the information you seek."

Angel froze, while a smirk twitched on her face. "I'm on my way."

Angel threw on her hoodie. She knew Sheila wanted something. The strict witch only did favors in order to protect her own, and Angel respected that.

Angel would do the same.