Golden-Eyed Kings

Angel reveled in the silence that danced inside her mind. The absents of noise caused a shock of rare pleasure to ripple through her spine, dripping lecherously down each individual vertebrae. The tomb would be opened soon, and Damon's heart would be crushed. Angel didn't feel guilty about the upcoming events, no, she didn't care.

"Angel," Elena muttered, while standing outside of the blonde's door, "family meeting downstairs. Hurry up, you've been in there for an hour, we're waiting."

Angel's brows furrowed, as she heard the brunette glide away. They never had a family meeting before.

"Oh," she mumbled, nodding her head in understanding. They had found out about her assisting the older Salvatore. With a huff, she stepped out of the shower and dried off, before throwing on some clothes and lazily strolling to her awaiting intervention.

"I though this was a family meeting," the blonde drew, with a smirk. Four sets of eyes snapped in her direction, all holding different emotions.

"They are our family." Elena looked at Angel in disapproval, while Bonnie frowned, seemingly stung by the blunt remark.

"You mean your family," Jeremy corrected, shrugging as Elena glared at him. "What," he asked, grinning as he heard a low laugh bubble out of Angel's mouth. "We're not even friends with Stefan and Bonnie. Oh, no offense."

"None taken," Bonnie spat sarcastically. He simply shrugged, once again, in response.

"Why are you helping Damon," Stefan demanded, his eyes gazing directly into her bored ones.

"Because I feel like it."

"You're supposed to be on our side," Bonnie boldly stated.

"Says who," Angel laughed. "The only reason you give a shit about the tomb opening is because Elena does, and the only reason Elena gives a shit about it is because Stefan does. Damn, I knew sissy dearest here was a follower, but I never thought I'd see the day a Bennett became one. Pity."

"Excuse you," Bonnie huffed, "what do you know about my family."

Angel smiled sweetly at the fuming girl, then shot her a wink.

"Please, Angel, stop with the mind games. Why are you helping him? What could you do? He's probably just going to use you as a blood bag!"

Angel ignored the feelings of concern that were tumbling out of Elena's pores. "Well," she hummed, "I am able to use magic, and maybe I'm helping him out of boredom, you know how I just adore chaos."

Her brow raised as Elena and Jeremy gaped.

"Wait..what! You..yo..y-you never told any of us," Elena stuttered.

"Didn't think it mattered."

"Of course, it does!"

"Then I just didn't care enough to mention it."

Elena narrowed her eyes. "That's impossible," she denied, "you can't have magic."

"Actually," Bonnie cut in sheepishly, "she does. I've felt it."

Elena's eyes widened.

"I thought I was wrong! I'm still getting used to the whole magic thing," the witch defended.

Elena's stare turned to Stefan. "Why aren't you suprised?"