Love is for the Weak

She could feel it. She could feel the painful thirst of the decaying vampires, and the way their bodies withered away with every ticking second. She could taste the chaos that gleamed twistedly in their restless minds and could not resist the morbid curiosity that crept into her own.

How would it feel to have a wild mind trapt inside an immobile body?

Licking her dry lips, she closed her eyes as her limbs shivered with want. She, no, her soul craved it. It craved the feeling of true magic coursing through veins. It lusted over the high she received after playing with otherworldly energy.

The cold air nipped bitterly at Angel's exposed legs, while her gaze glared at the trembling stars. She shook off the desire and forced herself to avert back to the numbness she had become accustomed to. She had decided tonight was the night to open the tomb.

A cheerful whistle interrupted her thoughts.

"Why, aren't you a happy fellow."

"Of course," he scoffed, "I'm about to see my girl."

"How lovely," the blonde hummed. 

"How do we do this," he asked, smacking his hands together and looking at her with eager eyes.

"Well, I'm going to say a spell, and you're going to shut up."

"Fine," he huffed, but the joy was still obvious in his posture.

Angel's eyes were cold and bored, as she turned her body towards the door.

"Undo quies nocturna animalia muro tuetur. Undo quies nocturna animalia muro tuetur.." She repeated the spell in a clear, cool voice. The energy glided within every ounce of her, swishing about in her blood vessels, like water rushing through a turbulent stream. Her fingertips burned colder and colder as energy leaked out of every pore.

A ragged breath pushed from her lungs and smoked into the silent night.

Damon grinned, speeding into the cave to meet the tragic betrayal of love.  She followed after him in a leisurely pace, her heels crunching against the aged sand and cracking gravel.

"Pearl," she called out lowly. "Your daughter's looking for you."

Angel knew Anna was coming for her mother, and even though the blonde did not care much about anything, she still held respect. Pearl had been loyal to Angel and Katerina, and she had witnessed a vulnerable side to Angel without passing judgement. Pearl and Anna were good, and even though Angel did not care nor feel for the family, she still respected them.

"There you are," she mumbled, bending down to eye-level with the semi-conscious, semi-delirious vampire.

Dragging her nail across her wrist, she held the thin line of red to Pearl's chapped lips. Pearl's eyes snapped open, as she reached out to greedily gulp at the new source of food. The blonde moved her arm back to her side, before shoving the vampire harshly against the stone wall. "Listen closely," Angel whispered, "Anna's looking for you. She's staying at the New Seloria Hotel in North Carolina, room 285."

"Angel," Pearl wheezed, "you're alive."

"So I've heard," she dismissed.

The color began to return to the raven-haired woman's cheeks, while her body gained more strength.

Pulling a blood pouch out of her bag, Angel pushed it towards the recovering woman. Pearl quickly drained the ruby liquid, before gingerly wiping the corners of her mouth.