meeting again

Hey! This is a short chapter. I just wanted to put something out here! I'll update soon, especially with summer coming up!

3rd POV

Angel pulled into a parking space and glanced out the window with disinterest. She watched as the oblivious teens laughed and chattered obnoxiously on about pointless news. Her cheerless eyes assessed the setting a few seconds more before lifting herself out of the car. Strolling into the school, she ignored the pesky emotions that were that rolling of the students in waves. Feelings she had become numb to rushed through her body. Feelings of awkwardness, jealousy, excitement, and so forth, twisted through her bones and turned her stomach, but her face remained detached. The blonde pulled open the door and avoided the shoving of shoulders.

"Angel!" A loud squeal tumbled throughout the hall.

"Caroline," she greeted, watching as the curly-haired Forbes rushed through the mass of hormonal juveniles. Two arms wrapped tightly around her body.

"How are you? Are you okay? Oh, you poor thing!" Angel remained still and limp.

"I'm fine," was her response. Her silky voice was smooth and cool. Addicting, yet intimidating at the same time. Caroline hesitantly let go of Angel and nodded.

"Well, if you ever need anythin-"

"Elena's over there," the Gilbert interrupted, pointing over towards the lockers that the doppelgänger and the Bennett witch stood. Caroline's head turned towards the brunettes.

"Elena," she yelled, while rushing over to the other twin.

Angel turned on her heel, starting the walk to her first period.

"Angeliah?" A familiar voice whispered her past name. "Angel," it repeated more urgently. A small smirk tugged onto her lips. Her cold eyes met the disbelieving, wide green ones. Green eyes that she was oh-so familiar with. Her voice sent shivers down his spine; it was a voice he missed.

"How," he whispered, "you...burned.." His eyes roamed over the features he had not seen in over a 100 years.

"Hmm," she hummed in acknowledgment, before continuing her journey. Stefan shook his head at her disinterest. He remembered her being closed off, but never detached. She was never this emotionless. He quickly chased after the girl, who's haunted his conscious for the last century. He grasped her arm, gently tugging her to a halt.

"Elena isn't with me," she stated dully.

"Elena? How do you know Elena? Forget about that! How are you alive? You have a heartbeat!"

Angel rolled her eyes at the ripper. "No shit, Sherlock." She tilted her head teasingly, "Why do you care? Miss me?" A smirk was painted on her face, but her eyes were hollow. Unreadable.

"Of course," he replied immediately. A dramatic sigh escaped her cherry lips, as her dark eyes found his.

As she leaned in to the vampire, he tensed as her breath fanned his ear. The smell of her spicy scent swirled dangerously around him, as he inhaled deeply.

"Don't lie, darling," she breathed, then tugged her arm from his loosening grip and strutted away.

"Oh," Angel snapped her fingers and looked over her shoulder. "Elena's that way." The Salvatore's eyes followed the direction the Gilbert girl was pointing and saw the boy's bathroom. His eyebrows furrowed, while confusion washed over his features. Shaking his head, he averted his attention back to the hardened beauty to see that she was now gone. He ran his hands through his hair, while looking between the direction Angel went and the bathroom.

The green-eyed boy made the same mistake he and his brother made over a century ago: he chose the doppelgänger.

🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗☮☮☮🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗🔗

What do you think of Angel?

What about Stefan and Angel's interaction?

Thanks for all the support!