I'll be good

Three years ago.

1096 Days.

Three years ago was the day everything changed.

The day I realised I had to be cruel to survive I this world.

The day I lost everything .

The day I  changed.

My birthday.

I was turning 15 and was celebrating it with my mum, dad and brother. We were having a great time: blowing candles out, opening my presents, watching movies. It was fun until the Black Roses came charging in and snatched us away, tortured and ruined our lives.

I took a quick sip of the vodka in my hand and let it burn my throat. Putting the cigarette in my mouth, breathed and then let it go creating a cloud of smoke in front of my face. My eyes were like pandas, my mascara had smugged and then leaked down my face from crying.

It is a friday, which means I'm supposed to be in school. However because I'm having some sort of break down to drive the memories out off my mind I'm drinking and smoking in the corner of my room next to my bed. My knees are tucked into my chest and my left arm draped over my knees with a bottles of nearly empty vodka in it  and my right hand holding a cigarette also draped over my knees. I basically look like death.

I try and block out the meories, but fail miserably when one worms its way into my mind.

"Hey, Mum." I say getting her attention, she looks up from talking to my dad and looks at me with a smile and nods. "Can I open my presents now?"

"Sure, darling." she agrees. Me, Dad, Mum and Luke all sit down in the cream coloured lounge with brown hard wood floor, and brown sofa.

Luke being the 17 year old  dickhead he is just sits on his phone, until my mum claps her hands in front of his face and he snaps up. "Your sister is turning 15 and you're sitting o her phone, probably texting some chick." My mum huffs out, smacking him on the back of the head making him cry out.

A laugh escapes my mouth making him turn and glare at me while saying "Shut up, you little shit."  I gape at him before sticking my tongue out at him. "Very mature, Gem."

"Here you are sweetie. This is from me and your mum." My dad chirps, handing me the medium sized present box.

I accept the present eagerly and tear the paper open and then the box.

"No. Way." I exclaim ripping the black boxing gloves out of the box. I stare at the gloves in awe, then back and my parents and repeat the process.

"Yes way." My dad replies in the same tone.

"I love you guys." I got up and hug them, until I hear a fake cough. I turn around to see Luke looking innocently around the room, like he hadn't just fake coughed. "I love you too, Lucy."

He scowled at the nickname but shrugs it off before replying with "I love you too."  He stands up and pulls a present from his back and passes it to me "Happy fifthteen birthday, Gem." I gave him a warming smile before I hear a smash, shouting and lots of feet moving through the house, glass being crushed under their feet as they tread it through the house. In my panicked state I  drop the present without realising.

Heavy footsteps boom through the house as they run around looking for us. They find us in the living room. My heart pounds in my chest, I warn myself to not show fear, but seeing 20 armed men in ski masks and black outfits wouldn't let me.

I look around and see that they surround the whole room blocking the exits. A guilty look spreads across my face as I recognise the man responsible for this. He had threatened me a numerous amout of times, but not once did I think he would actually hurt my family and I.

"Hello the Lockwood family. Crystal it's nice to see you again." He grins my family turn to look at me with curious and scared faces, making me feel stupid for ever letting him find out who I am, stupid for putting my family in danger.

"My apologies. Happy birthday Crystal." He mocks. "Now you and our family are going to cime with us. We can do it the hard or easy way, I prefer the easy as it conains alot less mess and I can save my bullets." He aims his gun up at us making my eyes gloss over and my familys faces streaky with tears. "1...2...3...4..." Then we scurry closer to him, showing him we choose the easy way.

"Alright men, take them to the van. If they cause trouble don't kill them..." He pauses for effect then carries on "but persuade them. The men nod, before eight men step forward and grab us, two on each person.

The men roughly grab me by my arms, probably making bruises already from their hold. 

"Let go off me." I croak out, my fear and tears finally breaking through my barrier. I squirm and struggle in their iron grip, instantly stopping when the guy holding my right arm takes a gun and places it so the barrel is on my temple.

I see my parents and brother and mouth a "I'm sorry" before we are pushed in the van with more force than necessary. Everyone is shaking in fear, while the guys in ski masks sit their calmly.

"What do want Nick?" I spit his name with venom, blinking back the close tears I tell myself not to be scared.

"Oh, cupcake. I've already told you. You are the one who rejected my offer." His voice raises at the end. I shrink back down knowing he's right. "Know men knock 'em out. She's irritating me." He suddenly snaps.

"Wait, wha.." I didn't finish my sentence before I am dragged into the darkness.

Quickly putting the cigarette out in an ash tray, drop he bottle of vodka on the floor making it spill on my dark grey carpeted floor making it a darker shade and then grasp my head in my hands, rocking back and forward trying to escape my nightmares.

It all gets too much as they keep popping up. Once I relieve one nightmare another one takes its place. I scream and scream by the end my throat aches, my face is soaking from my tears pouring out my eyes like a waterfall, but they don't stop.

Noticing my bottle of vodka is empty I open another one that was sitting next to and take two full gulps, coughing from the taste, then place it on the floor before picking up the cigarette packet, putting one in my mouth, covering it with my left hand then lighting it with my lighter that's in my right hand.

I drop the lighter on the floor, picking up my vodka in my left hand then taking my cigarette in my right then blowing out the smoke in rings. Chugging my vodka down again, I lean my head back on the wall, trying not to let the memories absorb me.

 Chugging my vodka down again, I lean my head back on the wall, trying not to let the memories absorb me

Song: Jaymes Young- I'll be good