The Driver

"Merry Christmas!"  I am awoken by the screeching noise of Jake.

I moan and pull the very, very, very cosy cover over my head. Knowing Jake its probably like 6 am. I snuggle up in a burrito style ignoring the fact that it is Christmas.

"Please it's Christmas and I've got you a present." I just groan and snuggle into my burrito more. I would give him my middle finger but I way too comfy. Like seriously it may be Christmas, but a girls got to sleep.

"I will ruin your beloved bike." He threatens. The shuffling starts and my eye twitches. No, he won't do it. I can't; he probably will. I leap out of my bed like a cat jumping when it sees  cucumber, then pounce on him and end up sitting on his back so he cant move. Huh we end up on the floor arguing a lot.

"You wouldn't dare." I squint my eyes at him, daring him to say he would.

"Get off me you fat lard." He wiggles around like a worm for a few minutes He lets out a heavy sigh before stopping and letting his head fall on the floor.

"I'm waiting." I sing.

"Fine, fine. I would never hurt your bike because you would make sure I don't have children and then decapitate my body and sail it down the river on a boat that says 'Pirates are real'." A laugh escapes my mouth. I hop off of him and stick my hand out to help him up, he gratefully takes it. He dusts of the imaginary dirt of his trousers, then combing his hair through with his hand. I take the time to see that he is wearing a pair of plaid red pants and nothing on his chest

"Now come on, I made hot chocolate and put cream and marshmallows on it." he starts walking out my room to my and to the kitchen.

"You. Are. The. Best." I squeal, following him.

He pretends to flip his over his shoulder, "I know."

"Of course." I say under my breath, rolling my eyes.

We settle down with the Tv off with cups of hot chocolate in out hands again. I watch as the swirled pure white cream dissolves into the mucky brown coloured liquid. Pink and white Marshmallows going soft and floating on top of the hot chocolate.

"Crystal." I look at him and he then continues. His joking face has been discarded and a serious face has replaced it. "How are you?".

I sigh and place my drink on the coffee table "I'm fine, honestly." I smile at him, but it obviously didn't convince him.

He also places his half drunk drink on the table. "Sunshine. I'm serious, are you okay? Don't lie to me." He moves closer to me and wraps his arm around my shoulder, I lie my head on his chest.

"Sorry. It's hard. It doesn't get harder as I've been a coward and running away. The nightmares are better. I still haven't found Luke. I still haven't forgiven myself. I'm scared I'll hurt more people. And I'm still scared, scared I'll lose everything and be by myself. I'm scared I'll lose myself." I speak truthfully, tears escaped my eyes, but I stopped myself from crying anymore. I'm strong; not weak. I repeated that a couple more times until I knew I wasn't going to cry.

"Don't ever say that again!" He shocked me by the tone of his voice. It wasn't gentle, but strong and convincing. "You should forgive yourself and I want you to. For me, please. I know your scared, but be strong because you are NOT a coward, but a strong women. We will find Luke and you are going to get your life back together. I'll always be here for you little sis; I love you." he stopped and looked me straight I the eyes ad said "Promise me you will forgive yourself."

"I promise." He holds out his pinkie and link my pinkie finger with his.

Jake put his hands behind his back and brought out a messy wrapped up in a green paper with many little Santa Clause's on it. "Merry Christmas Sunshine."

A smile placed its way onto my face. I opened it like a tiger eating its prey. It was a nice, small cream coloured box with the word 'Pandora' on it. I gasped when I opened it up and saw a beautiful silver charm bracelet that, I looked at the few charms that had already been placed there and there was one of boxing gloves and the other one was of a boy and girl holding hands with the words BFF above their heads. They shimmered from the sunlight poking through the curtains. "I love it." I squealed and wrapped my arms around his neck, while unwrapping my arms I gave him a quick peck on his cheek before putting it on my left wrist.

"I'm glad you like it."All traces of nervousness vanished, replaced with relief.

"Merry Christmas, Romeo." I say bringing a neatly wrapped parcel from behind me.

He gently unwraps it and takes out a box, his face lights up and he looks up at me in disbelief when he sees what I've got him. He pulls out a pair off black Jordan's with a red sole the figure  white.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. You are awesome!" He exclaimed, jumping up and down in his seat.

"Right come on, we need to go get ready. We're going to Ryder's for Christmas. Everyone's going to be there and I want you to meet everyone." I hopped of the sofa pulling him with me. He groaned in response but reluctantly got up and went to to get dressed.

Stepping into the shower, steam invaded my personal bubble and the water traveled down my body.

After I stepped out the shower I dried myself and then put on some blue ripped jeans, a white top, tied a red flannel round my waist ten put my leather jacket on and my black timberlands on, then put my charm bracelet back on. Just to get into the Christmas spirit I put on a Santa hat. To be honest I looked kinda cute in it.

I casually stroll out my room and into the living area where I'm met by Jake wearing black jeans with rips in the knees, a lose t-shirt with a black mountain on it, a black zip-up hoodie and a black leather jacket over it on top of his white sh, he's wearing the Jordan's I got him. He also has a white and black Adidas shelltoes on.

"Here." I say throwing him a Santa hat. He looks at like its something weird before shaking his head, chuckling then putting it on his head.

"Come on Romeo." We link our arms together and skip out my apartment to his black mustang.

Song: Bastille- The driver