Chapter 22 - She's Home

Note: I said I'll be posting an Epilogue. But I feel the need to post this chapter before it. ✌🏼😊

Ana

"Over-fatigue?!"

"Yes... I'm fine now, Ryan. I'm home. I'm on the bed right now."

"We'll talk. I'm going home now." Ana heard him barked orders before hanging up the phone. "Elias! Tell Paul to get the plane ready. We're flying back to Iloilo now."

Time flew so fast. It was just like yesterday when they had their wedding. She could vividly recall how Ryan had everyone flown back to Iloilo two weeks after her birthday. Well except for those who already live there. Everybody who has attended her party were back for the ceremony. Her then fiancé and his parents had made everything possible with just the snaps of their fingers. Of course, what can money and influence not do?

Ana wanted to help in the preparations, but all they had her do was to choose her wedding gown, select the flowers she wanted for the church and reception, and list down the names of persons she wanted in the entourage. Everything was done in the comfort of their home. Designers, caterers, florists, and the event planner with her staff came and went until the big day.

Ana shunned the celebrities, but an intimate event for the Villareals included bigwig politicians and the major-leagues in business. Thank goodness there were no actors and actresses. The press people were somehow controlled and limited given the short notice and the venue was cloistered. But the posts and updates on social medias of the event goers during the ceremony and at the reception caused a pandemonium. The country's most eligible bachelor had just been hitched by a commoner.

Just when she and Ryan thought that it was all water under the bridge, the almost silent reception of their engagement, issues sparked on their sudden espousal. All thanks to their parents who were more in a hurry to bind them together. And since it was Amanda who mulishly insisted of the wedding, she did all the damage control with the reporters and gossipmongers as she and Ryan spent a two-month-long honeymoon touring all of Europe and Asia right after the wedding. Romeo took over what his son has left behind, prohibiting any distractions to the couple. And who can refuse granting the wife of the bank's major investor the length of absence her husband requested from FUB?

Ana got up and headed to the kitchen to get water from the fridge.

"M-miss Ana? You need anything? You should have called for me and I could have brought it to your room." The housekeeper hovered around her.

"Never mind, Dia. I can manage."

"But I have strict orders from Sir Ryan not to have you getting up from the bed."

"Well, he's not here and he wouldn't know unless you tell him." Ana raised her brows. The level of Ryan's care and protectiveness is oftentimes over the top. It never dwindled ever since. "I'm fine, Dia. Really."

Dia looked sullenly confused between violating an order and making her comfortable.

"Okay, Dia, just to appease you, get me a glass of water please and bring it to Ryan's study. I'm getting sick staying inside the bedroom." She got up and leave. Nausea hit her but she's not gonna let the housekeeper know.

She sat on Ryan's swivel chair and turned it to face the busy street below. She felt Dia came in. "Just put it on the table, Dia. Please prepare the dinner. Ryan will be here soon."

Two years. They've been living in Iloilo that long. The moment she stepped in Anais Branch that Monday morning after the festive weekend of her birthday and housewarming, she was greeted with the news that her assignment will be in Iznart Branch in Iloilo. Ryan had her flown down that afternoon while he finished up with the turnovers in his office and at the same time arranged everything with the wedding planner together with his mom before he followed her the week after.