Chapter 18 - Only the Cashier

Ana checked the premises, all are in place ~ spic-and-span. Just a little morning cleaning up of dusts and it will be ready for the next banking day.  She keyed in the password for the branch security system. This would turn the system from day mode to night mode. Any movement inside the branch would trigger the alarm system for intrusion or robbery. The branch security guard was waiting beside her as she locked it from the outside. This is the usual protocol of an officer and the guard for closing the branch at the end of the day.

Ana placed the branch keys inside her bag and dismissed the guard. "Bye, Oscar."

She was about to head towards the main entrance of Anais Tower when she noticed someone was watching her. She turned and saw Ryan leaning on his car with his arms crossed on his chest. "B-babe! You startled me!"

Ryan walked towards her and pulled her on her waist and kissed her on her forehead. "I have a surprise for you."

"You already did surprise me." She looked up and kissed his cheek. "It's late. How long have you been there?"

Late on a Friday night means going out of the branch at past six o'clock. Everybody seems to be in a hurry to go home or to go out with friends to start the weekend. Ana stayed behind until seven in the evening to finish a report. She doesn't believe in procrastination. Besides, she's killing time since Ryan said he'll be home late.

"I just got here. I was about to get inside and fetch you when I saw you locking up the branch." He held her hand as they walked to his car. "I'm taking you out for dinner."

"Oh... Where's Elias?" Ana looked around for the driver. "And why are we using that?" She pointed to his Porsche 718 Boxster.

"It's part of the surprise, babe. No drivers and close-in bodyguards tonight." He pulled something from his pants. "And... you're driving."

"W-what?! Babe, I can't!" Ana panicked. "I can't drive that expensive car, Ryan!"

"Baby, relax. It's automatic." He opened the door on the driver's side and stepped aside for Ana to get in.

"Babe, if something happens to this car, it's not my fault." She said as they were strapping their seat belts on.

"I trust you, baby."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The classy steak house was not that far from Anais. "Good job, baby!" He praised her the way she drove and parked the car.

"I might get used to this, babe." Ana handed the car keys back to him.

"I can get you one." He ushered her inside. His one hand was holding hers while the other one was continuously waving at some personalities in and outside the restaurant. Everything was just as normal as what ordinary couples do except for the stares, the smiles and greetings they get. What do I expect? I'm having a date with one of the country's leading business tycoon.

"No! Don't you ever do that, Ryan! I'm happy with the A6 your parents gave me." They were seated on a table for two on the inner part of the steak house. Ana can't help it but noticed some people who wanted to approach her boyfriend. Some people who just don't know how to respect someone's privacy. She just raised her brows.

Ryan's phone rang just as they were starting with dinner.

"Yes?"
"No, it's either they buy out or I will buy them out. I don't need them in the company."
"I will talk to dad about it."
"I don't care. I don't want any disturbances for the rest of the night."

"Baby, sorry, I have to take it." He apologized to Ana right after he put down the phone.

"Is it about the Everest Builders, babe?" She stopped eating. "I think it's about time we need to talk about it."