Chapter 14 - Properties

She hates to assume so she chose to keep quiet about it. She will wait for him to tell her or she will wait for the truth to be revealed.

What she has read two years ago when she broke up with him and he went back to Manila is that he had the head office of Amaro Conglomerates transferred to their new building and that the old one was offered for lease.

When they were together before, she felt honored that a business magnate like Ryan used to share with her his acquisitions, as well as, his business plans. They used to talk about their day-to-day activities over dinner.

Nowadays, they do the same but he didn't say anything about his towers and buildings and properties.

Ana's recollections halted when her phone beeped. She received a text from her bodyguard.

"Miss Ana, the plane has just landed."

Ana stood up and picked up the disposable coffee cup. That's the flight she has been waiting for.

Ryan's mom is arriving on a private flight. His parents had been staying in Singapore for about a year now. They have left everything to Ryan already, except for his mom's chain of boutiques which were being managed by her trusted friend.

Due to some unforeseen events, Ryan was forced to extend his stay out for the country until the weekend. Bambie has already left for Iloilo, so Ana offered to fetch her Tita Amanda from the airport.

She had already told Ryan about her assignment to Anais branch for the next two months. And he seemed ecstatic about it.

She waited at the arrival area until she saw a sophisticated lady going down the escalator and waving at her.

"Tita Amanda!" She almost ran to the lady.

"Hello, Ana! I missed you!" Amanda gave her a hug. Then they kissed each other's cheeks. "How are you? You look great!"

"I'm doing well, Tita. I'm having my training here at the head office now."

"Yeah, Ryan told me that," Amanda put her hand on Ana's arm and they walked to the baggage conveyor to get her luggages, which they really don't have to. The airport personnel were taking care of it. "I've been updated about you, dear."

"Sorry, I wasn't able to call you, Tita." Ana said as they walked towards the parking area where Ana's chauffeur is waiting. Amanda's luggages were being carried by her security detail. "How long will you be here?"

"It's okay, Ana. I know you've been busy." Amanda tapped Ana's cheek with her palm. "I'll be here for about two weeks. Just to visit you and Ryan, and the branches. So you've been staying at the Belle Tower?"

"Yes, Tita."

"Ryan told me that when he purchased the building. He said it was closer to your head office."

"H-huh?"

"Take me to Urdaneta, Carlos." Amanda said to the driver. Then her phone rang. "Oh, I have to take this call Ana. They already knew I'm here."

Ana just nodded. She wanted to ask more about the Belle Tower. She knew Anais Tower is Ryan's property. But she didn't know anything about the building where she is staying now. She just thought the name coincided with her name.

What else had Ryan kept from me? He purchased a building next to our head office. For sure he has something to do with my staying there. She was already fuming inside.

She wanted the weekend to come soon. She didn't get the chance to ask more from Amanda as the later got busy with her calls.