Chapter 2 - The Kiss

Four years ago...

"I'm not drinking! I haven't turned 18 yet! And John's more strict than my parents!" Ana whined.

"Yeah, right! Because you're my responsibility! Your mother entrusted you with me while you're here in Manila, Ana."

Ryan stood listening to their exchanges. "She's seventeen years old, Bambie just turned 18, John and him are 25! What is this? Babysitting?" He thought to himself. 

"Oh, come on, John, she's turning 18 next week. She's practically an adult. Loosen up man."

"Please, John, just one tequila shot! Please, please, please! Look at Bambie... nothing's wrong with her and she's just a month older than me." She gave him puppy eyes.

"Ok, just one Ana," John whispered to her ear. Then he looked at Ryan. "If something happens to her, I'd forget we're friends."

"Belle's in good hands, bro! Trust me!" Ryan snickered. "Come on, Belle, let's enjoy the night."  Then he led her to the bar...

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

It's a six-bedroom villa. Each of them get to have a room for themselves. Ana's room is opposite from Ryan's and beside Bambie's room, with a balcony overlooking the beach.

"Don't you remember him, Ana?" Bambie asked. She's lying on the bed with Elyn and Grace now, while Ana is putting her clothes in the closet.

"No!" Ana stressed. "I was busy getting myself drunk that night. Hahaha! All I can recall was I was talking to John's friend. I didn't know he was this Mr. Villareal then."

"My goodness, Bam! That was four years ago! And Ana doesn't even give a damn about men," Grace interjected.

"Oh well, ok. John said Ryan went out of the country after that and I haven't heard anything about him. John got busy setting up his business here." Elyn sat up on the bed and pondered aloud. "Ryan just got back last year after his breakup with his ex. And he visited John, so we met... and there's this one instance he asked me about Belle. And I just said 'Belle who?'. I didn't know you used that name on him, Ana! You prick!"

"What? I didn't do anything to him! Now, get out of my room! I need to finish unpacking and have some rest before we invade this island!"

The girls were giggling as they went out of her room.

I may have tried to forget him, but I can't forget the kiss that night... Ana thought to herself when the girls were gone.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"No, no, no, Belle. You had more than enough." Ryan was raising up the shot glass away from Ana. They transferred to the couch when Elyn and Grace arrived. But he and Ana were left alone when their friends went to the dancefloor.

"Ok fine! Then don't stop me with what I'm gonna do next."

"What are you gonna do?"

She leaned closer to Ryan, slowly taking her jacket off. Ryan gulped. "You know what... It's getting hot in here... I just need to take this off..." Then she threw her jacket on the couch and climbed up the table and DANCED!

"What the..." Ryan was flabbergasted at the same time amazed with this girl. She was wearing a skimpy red halter dress. He stood up and reached for her hands. He knows she a little tipsy now.