Chapter 6 - Walk Out

"All relationships go through hell, only real relationships can get through it."

"How is she?" Ryan was on the phone talking to their head of security. He was in his Makati office now, their main office.
"What? Why did she stop?"
"All right. Stay with her. Don't let her out of your sight, but don't make her notice you." Ryan dropped the call. He leaned back on his swivel chair and pinched the bridge of his nose. He had her followed and protected since the day she walked out on him. The media never knew about the cool off so she is still hot to the eyes of the public.

"She's still too young, son. How old is she now? Twenty-five?" Romeo uttered. His dad was pacing inside his office. "Give her the time and space that she said she needed. She did not end the relationship, right?"

"It's not like that, Dad." He sighed. He was massaging his temples now with his thumbs and his eyes were closed. "She left everything at her condo. Everything that came from me or you and mom. Clothes, jewelries..."

"How about her car?" His dad asked further.

"I found it at the basement parking and she left the key at the reception."

"You better tell your mother, Ryan." Romeo stood directly in front of Ryan's table. "She might know what to do about it."

"No! Not right now, Dad." He snapped. "I'm sorry. I mean, Ana got tired of living under the spotlight, she got fed up living up to the standards of the upper crust..."

"And the other women she has to fight off. I know." His dad grinned.

"Ana couldn't resist Mom. But that won't make the relationship work." He muttered. "I'll tell Mom soon, Dad."

"What is it that you want to tell me about, Ryan?" Amanda bursted into his office.

"Mom!" Ryan blurted out with wide eyes. He stood up to give his mom a kiss.

"Hello, honey!" Amanda greeted Romeo with a peck on his cheek then dropped her bag on the table and sat on the couch. "Well? Can you tell it to me now?" She looked up at her husband and son.

Romeo and Ryan looked at each other. Then Ryan sighed, he sat beside his mom and began to open his mouth so speak.

"Never mind. I already talked to Ana."

"You did?!" Both men chorused.

"Yes. Why? Is there something wrong?" She looked amazed with their faces.

"How? I mean, did you visit her in Iloilo?" Ryan seemed anxious and at the same time panicky. Romeo sat down on a chair in front of Ryan's table and crossed his legs. He looked amused with the exchanges between his wife and son.

"No. She was with me in Tagaytay, over the weekend last week. I wonder why you didn't know that." She stressed out.

Ryan looked so pissed. "How come Mike's men missed that? I'm going to have them summoned tomorrow." He thought to himself.

Amanda broke his reverie as if she can read his mind. "Oh don't bother, Ryan. I had her covered. Your men thought she never left the hotel." Amanda smirked. "I tried to invite her to extend her stay, but she said she had a flight to catch. She meant to stay over the weekend just to see me. How sweet of her. I think she's going out of town today."

"Yeah. She did. She's on her way to Roxas City now. She'll be assigned there for a month. What did you two talk about, Mom?" Ryan was unsure of the extent of conversation his mother had with Ana.