Chapter 10 - Cold Coffee

The second cup of coffee is getting cold again. She has to order another cup. She checked her phone if there were any messages. There was none.

Ana decided to come earlier than her usual weekend schedule at the coffee shop just across the street of her condo. Knowing Ryan, especially now that he knows where she lives, he would come early and chivy her about everything.

She spends her Saturday mornings in this coffee shop to review her notes for the week or chitchat with her friends through social media. Her queen size bed at the condo is too tempting to sleep in. The wait staff here is nice to her that they even reserve a table for her near the window where she can see the entrance of her building.

The coffee shop is usually teeming with businessmen and women in their corporate suits on weekdays, probably their first stop before facing a tough day at the office. It's Saturday today but the crowd is just the same... workaholics. The only difference is that some are just on their smart casuals, sipping coffee, and reading newspapers.

Then suddenly her phone beeped. "Girl!!!! Check the Daily Inquirer, business section!!!" It was a text from Elyn. She looked around to find the newspaper rack. There was nothing left. All issues, even the tabloids, were on the hands of the patrons.

"Nothing new, Elyn. Don't bother, girl." She texted back to her friend. Whatever it is on the newspaper, it's gonna be about Ryan and his latest aquisitions. He doesn't seem to stop.

As she scanned the cafe's concourse if there were any newspapers sitting on the table and waiting to be read, she felt weird. Some eyes were on her.

Probably because I'm one of those few here who were not on a business attire...

In her rush to get out of her unit, she just washed her face, brushed her teeth, changed into shorts and shirt, tied her hair in a messy bun, then grabbed her notes and went out. She did not even bother to leave Cece a note on where she went or if she'll be eating breakfast there.

She stooped her head down and looked at her notes. She felt ackward with those stares. Then she looked at the entrance of her building. Her heart began to beat fast when she saw someone getting out of the glass door.

He was donning an apple green short sleeve collared shirt, tucked into his ash brown knee length shorts, and a visor. Where the hell did he come from? I did not see him get inside the building.

He looked so stunning ~ a knockout, drop-dead classy kind of a man. He was talking on his phone when his driver got out of the door following him with a golf bag on his shoulder.

Ana was sweating despite the coolness of the café's aircon. She stooped down low to hide her face from the window. He had already hanged up the call and is now tapping his phone on his palm. He was looking around.

Then her phone rang. It was him calling. She did not answer it but turned the volume off so as not to catch more attention in addition to those who kept glancing at her.

          ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Her phone just kept ringing for the third time he has dialled her number. If she'd been at the comfort room, it would not take her that long to answer three full sets of ringing. So she doesn't want to be seen...

He woke up early. He'll be having a tee time at the driving range this morning with Alex, his VP for finance, but he wanted to check up on Ana, who is just one floor below him. He doesn't want to scare her away with his drastic actions, nor does he want her to know that his place is just right above hers. Hence, the golf attire that would probably make her think that he just dropped by to see her.