Chapter 10

"Since when do vampires like to play baseball?" Bella asked as Edward put a baseball hat on her head.

"It's the American pastime." Edward answered Bella.

"Besides there's a thunderstorm coming and that's the only time we can play." Jasper said correcting Danielle's hat.

"Huh? Why would you need thunderstorm?" Danielle asked her boyfriend.

"You'll see." Jasper chuckled and opened the door for Danielle.

Bella and Edward were already in the car, putting on their seatbelts. Jasper quickly got in from the other side, sitting beside Danielle and Edward drove off. They stopped near a big clearing in the forest. The gentlemen opened the car doors for their ladies as they got out of the car. As soon as Esme saw the girls, she greeted them with a smile.

"Hi, girls."

"Hello, Mrs. Cullen." Danielle greeted Esme and somehow she saw Carlisle and Emmett laugh.

Esme just gave the two a stern look and they shut up. She turned back to Danielle and Bella.

"Dani, just call me Esme." she smiled.

"Uhm... Alright.... Esme." she said not confidently.

Danielle didn't want to be impolite by calling the woman by her first name. Then Carlisle walked up to her.

"Before you call me Dr. Cullen, I'd like to ask you to just call me Carlisle." he smiled patting the girl's shoulders.

"Got it. Carlisle." Danielle repeated and he smiled at the girls once more.

"It's good that the two of you are here with us." Esme spoke to the twins "We need an umpire." she said walking the girls, while she put her hands on their backs.

"She thinks we cheat." Emmett said as he walked past them.

"I know you do." Esme talked back to him.

"Just call them as you see them." she smiled and everybody dispersed on their self-made field.

They waited until Alice shouted that they could begin. Rosalie was first to bat and Alice was the pitcher. As soon as she swung the bat a noise that sounded like thunder, came out.

"So that's why they need the thunder." Bella and Danielle said simultaneously.

Rosalie ran as fast as she could and Danielle was sure she'd make a home run. But suddenly a ball flew in Esme's direction. Esme caught it and outed Rosalie just miliseconds before she got to the last base.

"Sorry, you're out." Danielle apologized to Rosalie.

Emmett started jumpipng from happiness, what pissed Rosalie off even more.

"Come on, baby. It's just a game." he tried to dug his way out.

"Nice, kitty." the two girls heard Carlisle, calming Rosalie.

The next up was Carlisle. He made an easy home-run, because Edward and Emmett clashed together, when they jumped into the air, both trying to catch the ball. But in the end the two just fell on the ground laughing, as Carlisle dusted his clothes off. After Carlisle it was Jasper's turn. Danielle was so immersed in the game that she didn't even see him warm up before his turn. He stood for a minute with his bat, swinging it around. Danielle couldn't take her eyes off of him, as he swung the bat and started running. Emmett climbed the tree to catch the ball, but Jasper was done with his home-run a few seconds before Esme caught it. He walked up to Danielle with a big grin on his face.

"I see those sexy moves weren't just for looks, Major Whitlock." she smiled at him, giving Jasper a peck on his cheek.

"Absolutely not, ma'am." he answered as he took Danielle's hand in hers.