Chapter 9

"Arisona." Mike spoke up, as the two sisters got out of the truck, at the parking lot by the restaurant where they ate dinner with their father "So you two and the Cullens, huh? That's..." he started "I don't like it."

The girls stopped walking and turned aroound to face Mike. Bella looked at him, as Danielle looked at the guys playing with the ball behind him.

"I mean... You know. He looks at you like you're something to eat." Mike said to Bella, as he saw that Danielle wasn't even acknowleding his presence.

Danielle refocused her attention at the boy, as she heard what he said. Bella looked at her older sister as the two shared a look. They both looked at Mike raising their eyebrows, as if he was stupid and walked into the restaurant without saying anything. The two girls spotted their father sitting in the corner.

"Sorry we're late." Danielle said as the girls sat down.

"I had a Bilogy project." Bella explained.

"I already ordered for you." Charlie said, putting down his newspaper "A smack-salad for Bella and a hamburger with salad, for you Danielle." he told the girls "I hope that's okay." he said as the waitress brought their plates and put them down on the table.

"You should order one next time. Cut back on the steak." Bella told their father.

"Yeah it's not healthy." Danielle agreed with her sister.

"Hey, I'm as healthy as a horse." Charlie stated a little annoyed.

"Say, Chief." Cora, the waitress spoke "Boys wanna know. Did you find anything by Creek Silver today?"

Danielle and Bella saw two older men turning their back to look at Charlie, but didn't say anything. Bella has told Danielle about Waylons' death as well the fact that some nomad vampires killed him, and practically threatened her to take the pepper spray their father wanted them to carry. Instead the girls looked at their father curious about the progres of his investigation. Charlie sighed before he spoke.

"Yeah, we found a bare human footprint." he said, but the girls noticed it wasn't easy for him to speak about his best friend's death "But it looks like, whatever that is, is headed East. So Kitsap Country Sheriff is going to take it over from here."

It was quiet for a few seconds before Cora spoke up, while giving their father a sentimental look.

"I just hope they catch him fast." she spoke softly, blinking the tears away.

She then walked away putting her hands in her pockets. Danielle and Bella began to eat their food, as Danielle saw Mike Newton dancing vulgarly in front of the restaurant's window. Unfortunately Charlie saw it as well.

"Seems like your friends are flagging you guys." he said and Bella looked around, while Danielle gave Mike a disgusted look.

The girls both looked down embarrassed.

"It's okay." Charlie told his daughters, not really convincing "You wanna go join them? I'm just gonna turn in early anyway."

"So am I." Danielle answered her father not looking away from the plate.

"Yeah, me too." Bella said.

"Girls, it's friday night. Go out and have some fun. You two should spend more time around people. I feel like I leave the two of you alone too much." Charlie spoke "Besides it seems like the Newton boy has a big smile for ya, Bella."

"Yeah he's a good buddy." Bella smiled awkwardly.

"And also dad. Me and Bella always spend our time together. It's nothing new." Danielle reassured their father.