Chapter 6

When Danielle woke up Jasper was no where to be seen. She closed her eyes again, still feeling sick. Then Charlie opened the door to her room.

"Dani, you okay?" he asked going up to the girl's bed.

"Yeah just sick." she said so softly that Charlie almost didn't hear her.

The man reached his hand to feel her forehead. She had a fever. She looked pale and sick.

"Alright, baby. Just stay home for today. I'll call the school."

Danielle nodded.

"Tell Bella to dirve safe." Danielle told Charlie as he walked out of the room.

"Will do." he answered.

Charlie closed the door, as Danielle heard him walking down the stairs. She turned around and closed her eyes once more, falling asleep.

***********************************

When Danielle woke up it was already dark. She put a hoodie on to keep her from the cold as she walked down the stairs. She drank a little bit of water, letting go of the feeling of thirst in her throat. She saw Charlie sleeping on the couch with the tv on. She smiled softly and put a blanket over her dad, and turned the tv off. As she walked up the stairs she knocked on Bella's door.

"Yes?" Bella answered.

Danielle pushed the door open. She saw Bella in her bed. She was probably falling asleep. Danielle smiled at her younger sister, and sat on her bed.

"How was school today?" she asked Bella.

Bella sat up almost immediately looking at her sister with wide eyes.

"I know what the Cullens are." she said looking into her sisters eyes.

"Me too." Danielle answered.

"You do? How? When?"

"Yesterday I talked with Jasper, but it wasn't that hard to guess." Danielle chuckled.

"Oh by the way. He asked about you today." Bella told her older sister.

"He did?" Danielle looked at her sister surprised.

"Yeah, he asked how you were doing. I just told him you stayed home because you were sick." Bella smiled at Danielle "I think he likes you."

"I don't think so. But what about you and Edward?"

"Yeah, well... I don't know. We're not really together, but we're also not a couple yet."

"Hmmm... I think he likes you too. I mean they saved us. Twice. And they wanted to protect us, so they acted rude."

"Yeah I don't know but we'll see." Bella sighed "I'm going to sleep now so goodnight."

Danielle smiled at her sister and nodded her head.

"Goodnight, Bells." she said walking out the room. She gasped entering her own room, as she saw the blonde vampire, standing in the corner. She hurriedly closed the door behind her, but careful not to make a noise.

"Jasper? What are you doing here?" she asked giving him a surprised look.

"I was worried about you so I came." he said smiling at the girl.

He has never seen her in her casual clothes. She had a simple hoodie and shorts on. Her hair in a messy bun but nonetheless she looked beautiful to him. The girl's sigh pulled him out of his trance.

"It's just a cold. I'm better now." she smiled.

"Should I go then?" he asked turning back to the window.