CHAPTER ELEVEN

Chapter 11

- Mia White -

"You're going to marry Mindy Summer."

With those six words, I thought my world stopped. I could feel Ace's body tense, and I knew right away he was mad. He was holding me tightly against him, trying to calm himself.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Ace practically yelled, glaring at his father as he dipped his head in shame. "What did you do?"

"I cannot say," Mr King replied. "But you will marry Mindy. You have no choice. I've already signed the contract."

There was a dangerous aura coming from Ace, and I knew Mr King could feel it as well because he felt the room in a flash, closing the door behind him. Ace's grip tightened that I started to hurt. He loosed his grip when he heard my quiet whimper.

He sighed, and moved me so I was sitting on my bed beside him. He stood up, and I was about to asked him where he was going, but before I had a chance to utter a single word, he walked out of the room. Slamming the door behind him.

My heart sank at the suddenly mood, that he left me instead of talking to me, but I understood if he wanted to be alone.

He was going to marry someone he didn't even love. And it was Mindy. Of all people. it had to be Mindy. I hate that his father would do this, so I'm determined to find out why he did what he did.

I knew something happened when he was in Spain, and I was going to find out.

Ace wasn't at school the next morning. He didn't even answer my calls or text. Levi and Ben told me that he locked himself in one of their guest rooms when he got there. He hasn't come out since.

I kept looking at Mindy, and I heard that she was finally telling everyone the news since she kept bragging about how she was going to marry a billionaire and the bad boy everyone feared.

She would occasionally smirk my way, but she was too busy making her plans about what expensive things she wanted to buy.

"I hate girls like her," Ben commented, taking a fry from my tray, Before he could take another one, I slapped his hand away. He narrowed his eyes at me while I just stuck my tongue out at him.

"Don't we all," Levi added as he sat down with us. I don't understand why they're still here, but they said that they now transferred to ClearHills Academy.

Ace's orders, apparently.

They were with me almost all the time. Especially when I was around Jacob, but that stopped when he told us his secret.

"I'm gay."

All three of us started at him with wide eyes. He said that the reason he was flirting with me was because it was funny to piss Ace off.

He found it funny.

I don't know why he could find it funny when there was a possibility of Ace killing him.

When I arrived home, I recived a text from my dad that Mr King was not longer staying with us, and that he was back at his house. I didn't complain. I don't want to see him after yesterday.

I went upstairs,and took a quick shower before changing into a pair of shorts and an over-sized shirt. I walked over to my desk and started to do the pile of homework I still need to finish.

After a lot of frustration, and complaing about why math does not make sense, I opened my laptop, and I instantly saw articles about Mindy and Ace's arrange marriage.