CHAPTER NINE

Chapter 09

- Mia White -

"So," Ben said, his eyes on the road as he drove me to school. "You chose school over Ace?" he asked, trying to hide the laugh he struggled to keep. I rolled my eyes, and he finally let his laugh be heard.

When I woke up this morning, it was hard to slip out of Ace's embrace, because whenever I moved away from him, he'd just pull me closer to him and tighten his grip.

Eventually, when I did manage to escape, I asked Ben if he could drop me off home since he was the first one I saw sitting on the couch in the living rooms.

He dropped me off home, and waited for me outside once I showered, and grabbed everything for school.

When we got to school, I thanked him and got out of the car. Just as he drove away, I saw Sarah making her way over to me. She had a smile on her face as she practically skipped all the way here.

"Someone's happy," I chuckled, and she rolled her eyes. We both walked into school and went our separate ways to our first class.

Unfortunately for me, Mindy was also in my class. When I walked in, she was glaring daggers at me, and I was glad that the teacher was here so she couldn't do anything. As the class started, I could still feel her eyes burning the side of my head, so it was hard to concentrate on the lesson.

What's her problem? Oh yeah, everything is.

I couldn't wait until class was over because I had a free period next. Usually, during free period, I went to the library to finish homework or to read. Sometimes I like to take a walk or something to get my mind off things.

When the bell rang, I shoved everything into my bag and headed to my locker as students rushed to their next class. I grabbed all the books and textbooks I didn't need and put them in my locker before heading to the library.

I sat down at an empty table and grabbed the novel I was currently reading. The only people that were here were the librarian and a few students that were in the computers doing whatever they needed or wanted to do.

I didn't like our school library, because even when we weren't supposed to eat and drink in here, people would still do it, leaving their garbage on the floor or tables. Our library was also small.

I was just getting to the good part of the story when my phone buzzed. I ignored it at first, but when I kept doing it, I sighed and placed a bookmark between the pages before looking at my phone.

Jacob was texting me.

Jacob: Hey, you have a free period, right? I do as well.

Jacob: I was wondering if we could hang out until period starts.

Jacob: If you don't mind that is...

I smiled and texted him back, saying that I didn't mind at all. I told him I was in the library, and moments later, I saw him walk in. He looked around the room until he spotted me.

"Hey, I have a question," Jacob said as he took a seat across from me. "There's this girl that keeps following me around—"

"Mindy?"

"How'd you know?"

"She does this to every guy in the school," I replied.

"Well, I don't think she'll be interested in me," he said with a slight chuckle. "Wanna know why?"

"Why?"

He leaned closer to me and opened his mouth to speak when someone interrupted him. He was pulled back and almost fell out of his chair. To my surprise, Levi took a seat beside me, a smile on his face.