6: The Girl Again

—SQUIDS POV—
It was Saturday, I was exhausted. I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing, without looking to see who it was, I answered the call, rolling over and picking up my phone.
"Y'ello?" I greeted, yawning and lying on my back in bed.
"Good morning Mr Spencer em- I sent you a script update yesterday evening I was just wondering how you thought of it-"
"Patricia?" I gambled, hoping I got the name right,
"Yes, that's me."
"Well I'm gonna be honest with you I haven't gotten round to reading it yet- I just crashed last night but thanks so much for sending it I'll give you a ring in about an hour."
"Okay thank you."
I put my phone down and sighed, I loved Patricia's soft Canadian accent. I sat wondering, looking at the ceiling and then to the clock. It was 1pm already.
I moaned and got out of bed, walking into the kitchen.
"Morning.." I sighed looking at Joe who was writing something on a piece of paper with his phone in his hand.
"Afternoon." He corrected, as I grabbed a bowl and made myself some cereal. "What are you doing?" I asked him, looking at the notes he was writing.
"Nothing." He replied, closing the notebook and putting it out of sight. I noticed that his hand was twitching slightly, but he hid it out of sight too.
"You alright?" I asked him,
"Yeh.. Oh- Beth's coming around today.." he began,
"You guys back together?"
"Yeh, thanks to you." He laughed, nudging me on the shoulder, his hand was still shaking.
"You sure you're alright?" I asked him,
"Yeah. Course." He put his hand around his shaking wrist, "hands keep bloody shaking! I don't understand."
"Want me to turn the heating on?"
"No I'm not cold.. I'll be fine. Just give it a while." Said Stampy, sitting down on the sofa inspecting his twitching hands. He then walked into his bedroom to be alone.
I looked at my phone, scrolling through Twitter and Instagram. Before there was a knock on the door.
I walked over and answered it.

It was the girl I met on Christmas Day.. in the red coat..
she was there..
She didn't leave me..
I knew she'd come back eventually!

My mouth dropped slightly, as did hers.

"Hi Beth!" Called Stampy, walking over and letting the girl in.

That's... thats his girlfriend... b-but she... she's my.. friend.. but she was mine..

"David- this is Beth. Beth this is David," Stampy introduced. But I was still in shock... it was her coat..
Beth seemed in as much shock as me, but she broke it, shaking my hand and smiling,
"Lovely to meet you David." She said.
"And you, Beth." I replied.
Joe and Beth sat down on the sofa and began to watch a movie as I made myself a glass of water, looking over at them both.
Beth's eyes were fixed on me.
I felt almost sick.. how did Stampy get her.. and not me? I kissed her hand... I should have gone further.. it was such a beautiful day- I though that— I thought that it was beautiful- what did I do wrong? Why did she go for Stampy straight after me? Why couldn't she just have me?
As I drank the water I noticed Stampy's hand intertwining with Beth's. Stampy leaned in to kiss Beth, I knew that Beth was reluctant because I was here. She couldn't tell him about us.
As I walked back into my room they were kissing. I closed the door and sat down onto my bed, feeling sick.
She was mine... I know that this isn't Stampy's fault.. but she was mine.

I proceeded to try and work. Ringing back the people that messaged me this morning, correcting things and adding new parts to the script.
I then put my laptop down and flopped myself facedown into bed.
There was then a knock on the door.
"Hey Squid?" Stampy poked his head through with Beth behind him.
"Yeh?" I replied, lifting my weary head up.
"You alright?" He asked me, his hands still shaking slightly,
"Uh huh." I moaned, pressing my head back onto the pillow.
"You gonna crash?" He asked me,
"What does this look like?" I told him, indicating that I had just 'crashed' onto bed.
"You're still dressed." He said,
"I am?" I asked, looking at my shirt, "oh."
"I'm going to the shops- Beth's gonna stay here just for a bit. I'll be back in five minutes."
"Yeh alright." I muttered, closing my eyes.

"Hey."
My eyes opened wide,
"Sorry to wake you.. just didn't think we'd have much time alone."
I saw Beth sit on the end of my bed. I instantly felt nervous.
I sat up,
"It's fine." I told her. Sitting up.
"If.. If I'd have known that you were his housemate I never would have-"
"It's alright i get it." I told her, sighing. "How was your Christmas?" I asked,
"It was.. good." She told me, smiling.
"That's good." I replied, smiling.
"And how was your Christmas?" She asked me,
"It was good too." I told her, making her smile.
The main door opened and Stampy walked in.
"Hey." He greeted, dropping his keys on the hall table in putting down a shopping bag.
"Hey." Replied Beth,
"What you at in there?" Laughed Joe, walking in on us and sitting on my bed beside Beth.
"What did you buy?" I asked Joe.
"A load of chocolate and a load of beer." He replied,
"W-why? Not that I wouldn't be happy-"
"It's someone's birthday tomorrow.." Stampy hinted,
"Do I know them?" I asked, lying back and thinking of all the people who's birthdays are in January.
"Look at the date you idiot." He told me, handing me my phone.
"Oh shit it's mine!" I laughed. Stampy and Beth chuckled. "How the hell did I forget that?!"
I noticed Stampy's hand shivering again, I knew that I shouldn't bring it up while Beth was here, but I was getting worried about him.
And Beth..
I couldn't even begin to think about her.