3: Promotion

--STAMPYS POV--
I woke up with Beth beside me in bed, my alarm went off, it was 8am. I quickly turned it off and lay flat on my bed, looking back at the girl beside me.
"Morning." She groaned, stretching her pale arms towards the ceiling.
"Happy new year." I laughed, pulling the duvet over us as I kissed her cheek, hiding the giggles from David who was in the other room.

--SQUIDS POV--
It was freezing this morning, I dressed myself in a shirt and tie with a pair of black trousers before entering the kitchen. Stampy hadn't emerged from his room yet, so I made myself a bowl of cereal, looking up to the large clock on the wall, it was almost nine. I knocked on Stampy's door with a hint of awkwardness,
"Stamps?!" I called,
"I'm up!" He laughed. I heard another voice then shrivelled at the fact that there was probably a girl in there with him.
I turned back into my room and sat on my phone, hearing the whispers from Stampy's room protrude into the kitchen until they vanished.
"She gone?" I asked, standing up and opening the door.
"Yep- safe now." Laughed Stampy, scratching his head.
"Well you had a good night mate!" I chuckled, "where'd she come from?"
"Well I was sitting outside the pub and..."
My eyes caught sight of a red coat hanging up. It's not her, how on earth could it be her? There are thousands of people in New York who own red coats..
"You alright?" Stampy interrupted,
"Yeah.. " I said, "hangover- that's all." I lied.
"Same." He laughed, grabbing two mugs from the cupboard and making a cup of tea for both of us.
"I think your lady-friend forgot her coat." I said, pointing at the red coat that reminded me off the girl I met on Christmas.
"Oh- I'll give it to her tonight."
"Tonight?"
"Oh... I was planning on staying at Beth's tonight.. thats.. if  you don't mind.." stampy admitted, I took it that Beth was the name of his new girlfriend.
"Yeah- yeah that's fine." I told him, feeling a little saddened.
"Thanks mate." He said, taking my mug back as I unlocked the front door into the corridor where we got the lift down to the ground. Stampy and I walked out onto the busy streets, our taxi was waiting, we jumped in the back, not speaking to each other for an awkward ten minutes.
"So... what about you." Stampy said to me,
"What about me?" I asked,
"What did you get up to last night?"
"Oh.. well.. nothing really." I admitted, "couple shots, couple hits.. just.. normal." I laughed,
"Couple hits?" Joe asked, laughing,
"Well.. a few of the New Yorkers liked my accent." I laughed, blushing.
"You're a real charmer. Was there anyone in your bed last night?"
"No one but me, my friend. I went home just after midnight." I admitted,
"Really? You missed all the fun."
"I was just.. tired." I said,
"You're still waiting for her."
"Who?"
"The girl from Christmas."
I chuckled, "you're psychic."
"You're obvious." He rebelled, patting my shoulder.
"Well.. Happy new year.." I sighed, looking out the window, it was still covered in snow.
"You too buddy." Joe replied, pulling out his phone and texting his new girlfriend.

**

"And so.. The movie ends with a happy reunion of the dead and alive and Coco and her father can be together and-"
"No." I interrupted. "I mean- yes, but no. There needs to be some twist.." We were having a discussion at he Disney studios about the ending of the new movie we were creating.
"What twist did you have in mind, Mr Spencer?" My boss asked, making me nervous.
"Well.. What about.. When Miguel tries to take the guitar he is teleported to some fantasy world- and he speaks to the ancient owner.. And maybe he should go on some adventures there.. Then make his main goal to return home?" I suggested, I saw a couple nods,
"Okay.. Okay I think that might just be what we needed, well done David." My boss said, talking to the senior team about my addition to the plot.

I sat back down again on a sofa beside Joe,
"Good work." Complimented Joe, who was texting constantly.
"Did you even hear a word that I said?" I asked him, beginning to get annoyed at him,
"Something about Miguel and his guitar." He responded, still not focused on the conversation that we were having.
I rolled my eyes, looking blankly at the wall in front of us.
"David.. Can I have a word?" My boss asked, walking over to us,
"Y-yeh sure." I responded, that's when Stampy looked up in confusion.
I walked beside my boss along a quiet corridor.
I felt awkward, we hadn't had too many individual conversations together, he was a nice boss, but nevertheless I was nervous around him.
"Mr Spencer." He began, "Since you joined us in September I've noticed that your contribution has made a significant impact on the company, and today has confirmed that.. David, I will be retiring soon.. And I was hoping for someone to take my place as the script writer and project manager.. This is a big task but I know you can do it."
I stopped walking.
"Y-wha?"
He laughed, "David you have proved yourself more than capable. And I know how passionate you are about this movie."
"Yes but.. But.. I have very little experience.. I- it's me I was a youtuber are you sure that- that I'm really the person?" I asked,
"There's a pay rise! A big one! How'd you feel about $80 thousand dollars a year? Nice?"
"Sir, the money doesn't concern me but-"
"Then you've got the job. You start next Monday."
"W-what?! What but there's no notice.. I don't even know what to do or-"
"Calm yourself. I'll show you now."