Shattered Diamonds

Lance's torso rose up, his wrists breaking through the leather restraints as if it was only paper. He reached down and pulled the ankle restraints completely off the table, leaving them around his ankles, which I have to admit, it was attractive. He looked at me with a sickening smile, as if I looked delicious. I huffed, showing him I wasn't scared, and he cocked his head to one side.

"Fool! You dare disrespect me! It will be your down fall," Lance's body said. It was Lance's voice, but it was used in such a different way it didn't sound like Lance at all. The demon was obviously trying to scare me, but all he did was anger me.

The demon seemed like the kind of person - or thing - who would intimidate you more than he would actually hurt you. Like a master bluffer, but he didn't scare me. Nothing could.

"Wow, you're scary," I said mockingly. "I hope you don't break my nail, because my fist is about to be pounding into your face!" He just smiled at me, amused.

I blinked and by the time I opened my eyes he had pinned me against the wall. I looked into his eyes and Lance was gone. Lance's beautiful eyes were no longer hazel, but a dark bluish black. They didn't look natural at all. His face was bearing a teethed grin filled with hate and anger. I tried to fight back but he was too strong. I had definitely said way too much, and I was angry at myself.

"You don't look so tough now, do ya'!" he spat in my face, and I realized my face must have looked scared. I grinned, as I replied.

"You have yet to see anything!" I said, quoting Grandmama.

"Oh, have I? Watch this," he said.

Then, he sank his teeth into my shoulder and watched the blood fall. At first it didn't hurt horribly, until I felt a stabbing pain just underneath the skin. I screamed and Lance - or the demon - slammed his hand over my mouth, smashing my head into the wall. It felt like he had smashed my skull, although I realized he probably just gave me a concussion.

I watched as a large, blood-covered diamond ripped through my skin, not to mention the searing pain that came with it. It was agonizingly painful but yet all I could think about was the diamond. How was there a diamond inside me?

Then I remembered: Alexandre injected my mother with diamond shards when she was pregnant and the must have all combined into the large diamond ripping out of my shoulder. Alexandre said that they helped possess me with the demon, so sense the demon was now in Lance - or at least I thought it was - did that mean that he diamond was ineffective or something now that it had been used? My mind couldn't stop thinking of possibilities.

Lance's jaw dropped as he backed away from me, staggering against the wall across from me.

"It cannot be! Alexandre-" The demon stopped speaking, his shock overcoming him.

The diamond started to fall, but I caught it. Overcome in agony the moment I touched it, I fell to the floor and the diamond shattered. It felt like I pricked a needle, but the pain only grew more extreme and spread throughout my body, the pain verging on paralyzing.

I watched as my nails grew into long, sharp claws, my fingers and toes bleeding. I felt my jaw being pushed down and realized my teeth were growing. Feeling them with my tongue, they had become long and razor sharp.

My veins all became visible as my skin got a blue tint. I felt a huge pain at the bottom of my spine as I felt it, my spine; puncture my skin, growing into a long, jagged tail. It was slightly bluer than my skin, and came to an intimidating point.

The pain fading after the transformation finished, I stood up and saw all my clothes had torn to shreds, only the necklace I loved so much at the time remained. I looked at Lance cowering in the corner and just laughed.